- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Human Resources Business Partner- Consumer Garments
Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our diverse portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Best known as the manufacturer of GORE-TEX fabrics for garments and footwear, Gore manufactures a wide range of high-performance fabrics engineered to protect wearers in the most demanding environments--from explorers on the North Pole to firefighters, soldiers, and emergency workers. We are currently looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to join our Fabrics Consumer Garments team. The position is based in Elkton, Maryland.
If youre searching for a company where you can make a difference, were looking for you! In your role as HR Business Partner, you will act as a resource to our businesses and functions, working with and influencing leaders, teams and associates on a wide range of HR topics in order to drive business success.
* Partnering and providing business teams with consulting, capability, and awareness around human resources
* Willingness to move as needed to areas of highest impact
* Collaborating and partnering with our Enterprise HR teams such as our Talent and Organizational Effectiveness Center of Excellence, Total Rewards, Shared Services and Operations, etc., in support of the best solution to meeting business needs
* Learning, modeling, and teaching our unique Enterprise culture as a source of competitive advantage
* Engaging with the rest of the Enterprise HR business teams to support global and corporate needs as appropriate
* Coaching and development, organizational and leadership development, and change management
Expectations of an HR Business Partner include:
* Strategic Partner
* Understand business needs and market dynamics to align and develop organization
* Frame and help make strategic choices
* Ensure effective communication
* Organizational Development Partner
* Translate global business environment into internal organizational actions
* Know what the organization is and should be good at
* Audit, challenge and facilitate structure and alignment
* Keep organizational view manage upside of polarities
* Leadership Partner
* Drive integrated business and people planning and effective systemic development processes
* Coach leaders
* Focus on supporting development of associates for leadership or key roles
* Courageous Catalyst
* Model and hold leaders accountable for sustaining a healthy culture
* Ensure effective Divisional/Functional/Global leadership teams (advise and coach)
* Challenge and Influence others
* Champion and manage projects
* Change Agent
* Diagnose needs and ensure an effective change process
* Institutionalize change through organizational structure and processes
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree (preferably with focus on Business Administration, HR or related field)
* At least 10 years of business experience, which includes a minimum of 5 years of broad HR experience
* Assertive, yet empathetic presence
* Strong communication and coaching skills
* Ability to develop, facilitate and guide high value, complex discussions, processes, or meetings
* Methodical, well-organized approach to problem solving
* Self-confidence rooted in capability and intuition
* Ability to work effectively in an international environment
* Experience in implementing effective processes around organization, team, and leadership development
* Strong capability to learn and use business software (MS Office, BT Conferencing, IBM connections, etc)
* Willingness to travel approximately 20% of the time
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
Keywords: Gore, job, Newark, Wilmington, DE, Delaware, Baltimore, Elkton, MD, Maryland, Philadelphia, Landenberg, PA, Pennsylvania, compensation, benefits, total rewards, retirement, HR, human resources, specialist, business, enterprise, organizational, global, regional, technology, policies, processes, practices, requirements, regulations