Human Resources Business Partner Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a seasoned Human Resources Business Partner who will lead the talent initiatives and organizational design efforts for our Sales and Marketing function and possibly other client groups. This position will partner with and make recommendations to senior leadership for the establishment of integrated and strategically sound initiatives and make decisions on operational matters ensuring the achievement of objectives. The successful candidate should be a proven leader who works well in a non-political environment, is excited to be part of a collaborative team, and cares for the company and its people. This position reports directly to the SVP, Talent & Culture.
* Gain thorough knowledge of the client group(s), their business initiatives and organizational structure at Calix in order to participate as a strategic business partner
* Evangelize and educate around Calix culture, corporate initiatives and processes
* Proactively monitor the work environment and identify employee relations trends, issues and areas for improvement to foster a healthy and highly functional work environment
* Counsel and coach leaders on talent management to include performance management, high potential employee identification, recognition and rewards and succession planning
* Counsel and coach employees on a range of employee relations matters
* Assist leaders in developing career path opportunities, as well as proactively preparing the organization for future resource needs
* Manage the workforce plan for the designated client groups
* Work with managers to identify and anticipate staffing/talent needs
* Educate on HR processes and practices, providing interpretation and ensuring consistency and alignment within the organization
* Partner with Centers of Excellence to roll out talent initiatives.
* Establish, measure and report key HR metrics in an effort to monitor trends, resource utilization and overall effectiveness
* Ensure compliance with appropriate governmental laws and regulations as they relate to Global HR
* Perform other duties and projects as assigned
* Minimum of 12 years of progressively responsible experience, with a proven record of achievement in a senior Human Resources business partner role. The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of the Strategic HR Business Partner Model, HR best practices, relationship management, performance management and possess strong knowledge of the basic HR skills such as benefits, employee relations, staffing, Affirmative Action, compensation, training and development, staffing etc.
* Strong program and project management skills
* Minimum of 5 years experience as an HR Business Partner for Sales and Marketing
* Solid experience in providing solutions to employee relations, recruiting and organizational development matters.
* Public company experience required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Bachelor s degree required
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to effectively present to small and large groups
* Build effective relationships at all levels within the organization with a keen ability to influence
* Confidentiality and integrity
* Efficient at multi-tasking including prioritization, responsiveness and keeping others informed
* Drive initiative and creativity
* Results and people orientation, with sound judgment
* Excellent consulting, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills; analytical, proactive problem solver
* Anticipate needs based on the business and drive change
* Travel required
Calix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Calix is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Calix does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.