Human Resources Business Partner
Celanese Corporation is a global technology leader in the production of specialty materials and chemical products which are used in most major industries and consumer applications. Our products, essential to everyday living, are manufactured in North America, Europe and Asia. Known for operational excellence, sustainability and premier safety performance, Celanese delivers value to customers around the globe with best-in-class technologies. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company employs approximately 7,500 employees worldwide and had 2014 net sales of $6.8 billion, with approximately 67% generated outside of North America. For more information about Celanese Corporation and its global product offerings, visit www.celanese.com.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Human Resource Business Partner is responsible for partnering with all levels of the organization from multiple sites and business functions. Incumbent will support all aspects of HR including, but not limited to general employee relations, recruiting, engagement, performance management, succession planning,employee/ labor relations, employee and leader development, as well as general HR policy administration.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* Provide guidance and counseling regarding legislative, regulatory and compliance issues including company policies, practices and procedures in order to achieve business goals and objectives and consistency across business functions.
* Partner with assigned business units and HR Center of Excellence teams in support and guidance of talent recruitment, rightsizing, organization design, development of personnel, pay planning, labor relations, talent review and succession planning as applicable.
* Proactively identify business and HR objectives/expectations; develop, manage or participate in project teams as appropriate to achieve desired results in a timely manner.
* Create the right environment as a champion for HR initiatives, employee advocacy and the values of Celanese.
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field.
* 5+ years' experience supporting HR Operations in a Manufacturing environment
* Knowledgeable of Federal and state employment laws and demonstrated ability to apply knowledge across the assigned locations in multiple states.
* Must be able to deliver consistent and quality results while upholding Company values and
o Supporting clients across a variety of business functions
o Managing multiple and competing priorities
o Dealing with ambiguity
* Demonstrated ability to build rapport and influence at all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with HR colleagues in delivering business solutions.
* Experience working in a union environment resolving grievances and managing compliance to labor contracts.
* Thorough knowledge of grievance, arbitration, and union negotiations; CBA development and administration . Thorough knowledge of the National Labor Relations Act as it applies to non-union employees and experience in union organizing and union elections.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* High integrity, honesty and courage.
* Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and to manage time effectively.
* Able to use persuasion and influence to affect change.
* Proven skills as a problem solver and one who works toward "win-win" solutions.
* Masters in Labor Relations, or an MBA is preferred
* SAP HR Module experience is preferred