Human Resources Business Partner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
National General Insurance Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This position will work under the direction of the HR Manager or HR Director. The position will be responsible for:
* Handles all employee relations issues in areas of responsibility including but not limited to reviewing/approving performance improvement plans, performance management, handling complaints and seeing them through to resolution.
* Provides advice and counsel to members of management and employees related to employment policies, employee relations issues, employment laws and regulations.
* Stays in sync with business happenings by attending staff meetings and being visible in operations.
* Builds partnerships with management by identifying human resource solution that support the current and future needs of the business.
* Works with management, peers and other HR colleagues to ensure consistency across the organization relating to policies andor practices.
* Act as an impartial advocate to ensure that all individuals receive fair and equitable treatment
* Provides management coaching/counseling and career development advice for employees when needed.
* Conducts HR training on various topics (i.e. sexual harassment, New Employee Orientation, Supervisor Policy/Procedure training, interviewing skills, etc.) as needed.
* Handles workforce planning involving re-deployment opportunities and reductions in staff.
* Supports HR projects such as acquisition integration, performance management administration, etc..
* Advises on compensation matters to ensure equity and fairness.
* Completes exit interviews to understand turnover trends and proactively implement retention strategies when applicable.
* Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
* Develop, recommended and coordinate activities, functions or programs designed to increase employee retention and satisfaction.
* Supports and works with Talent Acquisition team as needed.
* Manages administrative functions of role relating to Workday, new hire paperwork and HR Doc Manager.
* Bachelors degree from an accredited institution and minimum of 3 years HR Generalist experience with strong experience in employee relations.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Solid organizational, persuasion, and project management skills are required.
* Strong PC skills including Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
* Results oriented with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
* Demonstrated ability to facilitate group presentations.
* Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.