Human Resources Business Partner 8/11/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE
HRBP's will support their business unit(s) to provide strategic HR guidance to ensure effective planning and implementation of key people initiatives. HRBP's are the face of HR to their business units, and the voice of the business to HR.
* Foster and build relationships with key business unit leaders.
* Manage complex HR projects cross-functionally: competency model, talent assessment, succession planning.
* Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
* Work closely with business unit managers and people to improve working relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
* Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, etc.
* Identify employee and leadership development gaps and collaborate with the HR Learning & Organization Development Manager to fill the gaps.
* Will Participate in business unit meetings with senior leadership.
* Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of people, reducing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with HR Director and legal department as needed/required.
* Design and implementation of talent management programs.
* Understand assigned business unit(s) both operationally and financially.
* Understand HR processes and procedures and be able to apply them to people specific situations.
* Continuous improvement of HR-related processes.
* Represent business unit interests/priorities/initiatives to HR leadership, and vice-versa.
* Navigate the systems, processes and political waters to support clients mission, HR strategic initiatives, and assigned business unit objectives.
* Human Resources Expertise
* Problem Solving/Analysis
* Project Management
* Communication Proficiency
* Change Agent
* Performance Management
* Business Acumen
* Conflict Resolution
* Data analytics
* 8+ years' experience in Human Resources, to include program initiatives, experience in fast growth environments and distributed workforce model;
* Strong understanding of employment law and other state and federal compliance regulations;
* The ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using sound judgment and instinct that is consistent with applicable laws and client practices;
* Ability to objectively and effectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues within a diverse organization;
* Demonstrated ability to apply excel and other data management and analysis tools in researching and analyzing various types of data;
* Strong business acumen;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Experience with MS Office products, HRIS Systems, Applicant Tracking Systems, and Performance Management Systems is desired;
* PHR or SPHR certification preferred;
* Ability to travel as needed (10% or less).