Human Resources Compliance Specilaist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Holland & Knight
JOB DESCRIPTIONHolland research and understand how changes in the law and regulations impact HR policies and practices; understand and articulate potential risks to the organization; work collaboratively to develop/revise and implement policies and practices. Additional required skills include exhibiting the following: strong interpersonal skills, a professional demeanor, sound judgment, strong organizational abilities, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The position will report to the Senior Human Resources Manager and work closely with the Chief Professional Development & HR Officer, Chief of Office Administration, department heads and managers, office managers, and other members of the HR team. EOE AA M/F/D/V
Our employees enjoy:
* Competitive salary
* Medical, dental, vision insurance
* 401k profit sharing plan
* Employer paid short term disability and life insurance
* 10 paid holidays and 20 days paid time off
* Starbucks located in centralized H&K Caf
* Food Tuck Friday
* Community commitment
Essential functions include:
* Establish a formal process to track HR-related laws and regulations impacting our U.S. operations and monitor the firm's policies and practices to ensure compliance with those laws and regulation.
* Work collaboratively to develop and implement new or revised policies and practices as needed to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
* Generally, maintain the firm's policy manual.
* Responsible for process, design, development, maintenance and requiredreporting for the I-9 and eVerify adjudication process, Affirmative Action Plan, EEO-1, etc.
* Design and deliver training to management and employees on HR- related firm policies and practices.
* Develop and provide compliance reporting to firm and HR management.
* Prepare for any potential external audits (e.g. DOL) and provide support should an audit occur.
* Perform special projects as required.
* Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or related field.
* Minimum of 2 - 3 years of employment lawexperience
* Experience working collaboratively with individuals across departments.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
Please visit our website to learn more about our firm including testimonials of our employees who will share what they enjoy about working with us!