Human Resources Director - Manufacturing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
The Human Resources Director of Manufacturing reports to the VP of HR for Domtar Personal Care (DPC). This position provides leadership and coordination between all DPC manufacturing plants to achieve operational efficiencies, within the context and alignment of the HR strategic direction. The objective of this position is to deliver upon the DPC HR initiatives, the DPC culture and strategy, and facilitate the Manufacturing strategy within that context through human capital leadership and expertise in Organization Effectiveness, Design and Development to deliver quantifiable manufacturing improvements. This role requires an experienced hands-on client facing business partner and organization effectiveness leader to partner with HR and Manufacturing leadership, while providing effective coaching for its direct reports.
The HRD serves as an influential business partner driving and aligning business initiatives by providing expert consultation on organization effectiveness, and the achievement of Manufacturing objectives through organization change, organization design, effective employee relations, workforce planning, total rewards, talent management, employee engagement and mergers and acquisition activity.
The HRD provides expertise for complex business and HR issue resolution and forms partnerships with management to create superior relationships which facilitate the attainment of the organization s objectives. The HRD serves as the change agent for culture evolution and drives HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- Business partner and strategic HR resource for the Manufacturing organization
- Provides change management, organization effectiveness, design and development leadership to support: the HR, Manufacturing and Business Strategies.
- Owns the HR strategy in Manufacturing to deliver positive employee and relations and to ensure a winning workplace for employees at all levels.
- Partners with clients to determine core objectives and deliverables, aligns them with the HR strategy, then plans and ensures their implementation
- Drives Human Resources process improvement and standardization.
- Serves as a liaison to Domtar Corporate Centers of Excellence to better serve the HR and Manufacturing Personal Care Group needs. Determines when specialist participation is required.
- Develops, executes, communicates, and supports corporate HR / People initiatives.
- With DPC HR VP, leads the Human Resources Manufacturing team talent development strategy and implementation.
- With the VP of Manufacturing, leads and designs organizational change initiatives to achieve quantifiable improvements in organization effectiveness across the manufacturing organization.
- Directs and/or performs internal investigations of escalated employee claims.
- Remains abreast of and leads and manages all Manufacturing compliance, regulatory, and legal related issues including governmental inquiries.
- Identifies, develops, and implements new policy and procedures.
- Active participant in acquisitions including due diligence, integration planning and execution. Leadership role in post-closing integration and restructuring.
- Directs training and development initiatives across the Manufacturing organization.
- Guides recruitment efforts to support Domtar Personal Care Manufacturing hiring needs.
- Manages the resolution of significant employee and or labor issues / grievances.
- Develops both employee engagement and employee relations strategies to create and sustain positive team relations at all organizational levels, and supports the Great Place to Work Strategy.
- Drives union avoidance initiatives, training, and implementation as appropriate.
- Provides HR functional feedback to HR VP for manufacturing team members.
- Bachelor s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive human resources management experience.
* Experienced in leading HR in a multi-site non-union manufacturing environment
* Experienced in leading and coaching leaders, (HR Managers at plant sites, and manufacturing leaders)
* Experienced in designing and implementing large scale manufacturing change management/transformation initiatives through defined processes
- Broad Employee Relations experience required.
- Demonstrated Mastery of all Human Resources functional areas.
- Experience developing and implementing Human Resources strategic plans.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong collaborative relationships to garner support to achieve goals.
- Strong conflict resolution and performance management skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Demonstrated experience with effective Executive communications
- Comprehensive knowledge and applicable experience with compliance requirements.
* Canadian and US HR and employee relations experience preferred.
* Graduate Degree preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.