Human Resources Generalist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
MPR is seeking a human resources professional to become an integral member of a small HR team. Responsibilities are varied but include primary responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual that takes ownership of their tasks to develop a broad range of HR experience with a team of highly motivated employees. Responsibilities of this position are complex, requiring a high degree of confidentiality, discretion, independent judgment, and initiative. This is a full time, exempt position in MPR s Alexandria, VA, office.
MPR Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other classification as required by applicable law.
* Recruitment: review and screen applications and resumes, interview applicants and refer candidates for additional interviewers and selection. Partner with recruiting agencies.
* Employee Relations: provide counseling to employees in different areas; advise and interpret policies; conduct exit interviews.
* Training Program: organize and administer training/educational programs in connection with growth and development, including employee orientations; maintain Learning Management System.
* Employment Law Compliance: prepare annual EEO, OSHA and Vets reports; maintain HR compliance calendar; support efforts on Affirmative Action Plan.
* Onboarding: maintain HRIS including processing changes and updating personnel information; manage new hire process.
* Employee Engagement: assist with social functions and other HR-sponsored activities related to recognition and morale.
* Performance Management: coordinate the performance evaluation program and complete annual salary surveys.
Education / Certification
* Bachelor s degree preferred.
* PHR or SHRM-CP certification a plus.
* We prefer three or more years experience in a Human Resources Generalist role with a solid background in employee relations, recruiting and onboarding as well as employment law compliance.
* Be flexible, motivated, resourceful and organized in a multi-functional role.
* Solid communication and time management skills.
* Ability to work proficiently alone and in teams, as well as the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects.
* Motivated to tackle new problems and take on new responsibilities.
* Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
* Good interpersonal skills dealing with a wide range of individuals.
* Diligent worker with self-initiative and demonstrated effectiveness in completing tasks in a timely way with a proven ability to multi-task and deal with interruptions without losing effectiveness.
* Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
* Persistent, questioning attitude and ability to accept that in others.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
* Prior experience with a Human Resources Information System is preferred.
MPR Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in EVerify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.