Human Resources Generalist 8/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Mount Saint Vincent is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care excellence and accountability is a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
Mount Saint Vincent Fast Facts:
* 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency founded in 1883
* 140 associates
* 44 licensed beds
* Provides treatment and education for children who are victims of abuse and neglect and those with significant mental health issues.
* Services include: Residential, Day or In-home treatment, Parent education, K-8 school, Community and Therapeutic early learning center.
* Leader in the application of the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT) and trauma-informed care. One of only four organizations worldwide designated as a flagship site for NMT, an honor bestowed by the Child Trauma Academy of Houston, Texas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
No Computer skills needed.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelors degree ( B.S.) from four year College or University, required
* One year of relevant experience with residential / milieu programming or serving children with psychological disabilities or a combination of college/work experience, preferred
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to children or employees of the organization, required
* Current Drivers License. Motor vehicle record and proof of automobile insurance coverage to be updated annually, required
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. Employee must be physically able to use crisis prevention / intervention techniques including: physical management of a child, running to prevent a runaway incident. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, run or crawl. At times apply therapeutic touch.
SCL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.