Human Resources Generalist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Navarro Research and Engineering
Grand Junction, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONNavarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Human Resources Generalist in Grand Junction, CO.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro’s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
Works with the HR manager and line management to ensure the following processes are handled properly:
- Onboarding of new hires.
- New Hire orientation.
- May review drug and background tests for compliance and give input to Recruiting.
- Manages employee change requests, initiates paperwork and sends to corporate for input.
- Supports and processes salary or pay changes.
- Supports performance management: ensures annual reviews are completed and merit increases processed, working with line managers to ensure reviews are conducted and agents receive timely and effective feedback.
- Performs various HR functions to support the business unit which could include but is not limited to internal staffing, compensation and benefits support, leave administration, and performance management.
- Works with the HR manager, consults with line managers, and employees on employee relations issues and problems in order to ensure that employees are fairly and equitably treated and to ensure legal guidelines are followed so that the business is protected. May need to partner with HR Manager on complex issues.
- Maintains employee lifecycle survey process, seeking to recommend solutions and to deliver high quality retention programs that result in the Business Unit’s improved performance and employee retention.
- Provides guidance to supervisors in the use and application of Human Resource policies and practices.
- Develop and deliver training on HR policies and processes.
- Coordinates and assists on projects as assigned by the HR Manager; and may be asked to support or help with recruiting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- 2 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Human resource functional knowledge
- Uses knowledge of Human Resources systems (e.g. staffing, career development, compensation) and accesses Subject Matter
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.