Human Resources Generalist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Responsible for coordinating a wide range of human resource functions including recruiting, interviewing, and hiring personnel, providing assistance with performance appraisals and corrective actions, and ensuring Company personnel are well informed of human resource policies and programs. Oversees the human resource information system, maintains and updates employee records, completes assigned tax, insurance, and benefits reporting requirements, and ensures that Company records and reporting are in compliance with federal and state regulations. Updates job descriptions and assists with salary administration processes. Provides assistance to area personnel on training programs, benefits management, and other human resource concerns. Responsible for OSHA compliance, employee safety and all necessary documentation.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Assumes responsibility for effectively completing assigned human resource functions.
* Assists in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring Company personnel. Ensures all hiring processes are effective and legally compliant.
* Counsels managers on supervisory concerns including corrective actions and performance appraisals.
* Monitors the performance appraisal program and makes adjustments as necessary.
* Conducts new employee orientations, and ensures personnel are well informed of human resource policies and programs.
* Coordinates the updating of job descriptions. Receives and reviews job descriptions from department managers. Ensures information is complete and current.
* Administers benefits programs. Communicates related information to employees.
* Assists in developing and implementing human resource operations plans, policies, procedures, and goals. Recommends improvements as appropriate.
* Assumes responsibility for the accurate, complete, and timely preparation of records, reports, and other documents.
* Ensures all payroll records including time cards, sick leave, annual leave, overtime, insurance deductions, and tax forms are properly maintained and preserved. Submits information to payroll administration personnel as scheduled.
* Ensures employment and enrollment forms including W-4s, insurance, retirement, and benefits documents are current and complete.
* Assists in preparing and reviewing employee benefit review statements.
* Prepares, reviews, and approves federal and state reports including EEO, OSHA, and Workers Compensation documents.
* Ensures all human resource records are maintained in accordance with established Company policies and state and federal regulations.
* Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with area personnel and management.
* Ensures employees are informed of programs and policies.
* Resolves employee requests, complaints, and problems courteously and promptly. Counsels employees and managers concerning job-related matters.
* Assists Department personnel. Provides support on training and benefits programs.
* Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns. Completes required reports accurately and promptly. Attends meetings as required.
* Assumes responsibility for maintaining professional business relations with trade professionals, government contacts, vendors, and suppliers.
* Represents the Company at trade meetings and seminars as assigned.
* Ensures the Company s professional reputation is maintained.
* Ensures questions and concerns are promptly and courteously resolved.
* Stays abreast of developments in personnel management and related legal requirements.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ensures work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
* Bachelor's Degree and training in human resource management preferred or equivalent field experience.
* Thorough knowledge of human resource procedures, policies, federal/state laws and regulations, corporate policy, and employee benefit programs.
* Understanding of related computer applications.
* Three to five years of experience in Human Resources or related field
* System implementation experience is preferred
* Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Solid interpersonal and public relations skills.
* Excellent oral and written communications abilities.
* Ability to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
* Ability to integrate data from interviews in order to make appropriate employment decisions
* Ability to read personnel files and interpret appropriate legislation and company policies
* Well-organized and attentive to detail.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.