Human Resources Generalist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY & BUSINESS AREA DESCRIPTION
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people s competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
LOCAL UNIT & POSITION DESCRIPTION
DNV GL's Global Shared Services - Human Resources, North America team is seeking a Human Resources Generalist. The Human Resources Generalist will provide support for managers and general staff in our Disciplinary process within the Region, Regulatory reporting for the Region and Administration and some facilitation of compliance training. This position will be based out our Katy, Texas office.
Tasks May Include
* Discuss individual issues with management and provide coaching and approaches/options within the Company s performance management framework
* Review/suggest revisions to draft performance improvement plans and warning documents
* Ensure approved performance actions are consistent with Company policy and procedures, past practice, and any relevant laws and regulations
* Participate in performance discussions for formal action or as needed/requested by management
* Ensure formal warnings are properly filed and removed, per schedule
* Counsel management, plan and participate in termination meetings, ensuring proper process is followed, and notifying relevant other departments
* Assume Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Coordinator role, supporting the EEO Officer under the U.S. Affirmative Action Plan (AAP)
* Coordinate with Recruitment team and Business Areas to on AAP content/goals, and updating when actions are taken
* Ensure all U.S. annual regulatory reports are submitted by the deadline, such as EEO1, VETS100, etc., including coordination of data from the HRIS and Recruitment teams, analyzing and revising data with our third party administrator, and follow up as necessary
* Administer Harassment Awareness online course Learning Management System (LMS)
* Facilitate internal management compliance course and workshops
* Train GSS HR staff, as necessary, on compliance areas relevant to their team and function
* Direct support for other GSS HR teams on policy or compliance areas, including review of new hire employee background reports, and ensuring forms and agreements comply with Federal, State and local laws
* Review relevant portions of contracts/proposals for questions on compliance
* Counsel management and support planning for any necessary position eliminations/Reductions in Force (RIF), including generating any necessary legal documents in concert with internal or external legal counsel
* All Service Level Agreement activities and customer contact will be done within our Case Management system
* Coordination and participation in investigations undertaken in related areas
* Performs other related duties and special projects as required and assigned
What We\'re Asking
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or related area, or equivalent in experience
* Five plus years experience in general Human Resources operations
* Experience in an international organization and familiarity with international employee/assignee issues strongly desirable
* Strong knowledge of U.S. employment laws and other governmental compliance regulations, and fair employment practices
* Knowledge of employment laws and other government compliance regulations, and fair employment practices for Canada, Mexico, Panama, Trinidad, and/or Columbia a plus
* Must be computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite of applications, especially Excel for data analysis, Word for report writing, Outlook for communication and time management, and PowerPoint for presentation and training
* Experience directly supporting a company s performance management process, including disciplinary process
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* English is the common language for communication within the Region, additional fluency in Spanish and/or French is a plus
* Strong interpersonal skills and customer service oriented
* Must be able to present to small groups
* Must be able to organize and prioritize work
* Exemplary ethics and dedication to professionalism and quality
* Must be able to handle confidential material and comply with privacy concerns and regulation
* We conduct pre-employment background check and drug screenings
Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V