Human Resources Generalist 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Come Join Our Growing HR Team!
We are currently seeking candidates for HR Generalists in two different areas of our business - the Americas Business Unit and the Corporate functions.
The Americas HR Generalist will be the primary HR support to the Customer Service, Inside Sales, Sales and Service Field Operations functions, as well as field sales and service employees across the US, Canada, Mexico and Latin America. This role will serve as a business partner providing guidance and counsel on employee relations, performance management, training and HR compliance. This role will partner closely with HR colleagues to provide a comprehensive, consistent approach with the leaders of these groups.
The Corporate HR Generalist is responsible for HR partnership supporting the Marketing, IT, Finance, Legal, and Waterstar functions globally. This role will focus on North America based employees for these groups and be a business partner providing guidance and counsel on employee relations, performance management, training, and HR compliance. This role partners with HR colleagues globally to provide a comprehensive picture to leaders of these groups. The Corporate HR Generalist will also play a large part in the Center of Excellence for HR Compliance helping to draft policies, implement, and own the governance of these items.
* Develop a high level of business knowledge and strong partnership with employees and managers.
* Provide strong customer service regarding employee related matters.
* Manage employee relations proactively by recommending employee relations practices to establish and maintain a positive employer - employee relationship.
* Partner with
* Talent Acquisition to be highly involved in the recruitment process for open roles including interviewing, sourcing strategy development and onboarding.
* Facilitate the annual performance management process to include goal setting, mid-year check-ins, annual appraisals, and compensation planning.
* Support the organization on employee development to include training, development plans, and career pathing.
* Partner with Compensation to ensure market competitiveness and support global mobility.
* Facilitate timely communicate to the organization regarding organizational changes, staff changes, and other important topics.
* Lead projects related to process improvement.
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Human Resources
* 3 - 5 years of Human Resources experience; generalist experience desired
* Exposure to some or all of the main HR disciplines including talent acquisition, performance management, organizational development, compensation, benefits, HRIS, and employee relations
* Fluent in Spanish (Americas Business Unit)
* Strong business acumen, ability to build strong relationships with internal customers
* Knowledge and understanding of Federal, State and Local legislation regarding employment and labor laws
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Ability to handle highly sensitive information
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* PHR or SPHR certification preferred
In addition to the General Responsibilities, the following are requisite interpersonal and behavior skills of the position as well as:
* High level skills in oral and written communications, including group presentation skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees
* Process minded/focused, strong problem resolution skills
* Ability to problem-solve.
* Excellent organization, analytical, and communication skills
* Willingness to be flexible with time and adjust to a changing work environment
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally, while maintaining a client service orientation
* Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information
* High level of attention to detail