Human Resources Generalist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE CLIENT: A GLOBAL EDUCATIONAL ORGANIZATION PROVIDING HIGH-END EDUCATIONAL FACILITIES AND PROGRAMS TO CHILDREN K-12.
SCOPE: THIS POSITION IS BASED IN MIDTOWN NYC AND SUPPORTS TWO DOMESTIC LOCATIONS.
JOB SUMMARY: The Human Resources Generalist acts as primary point of contact for all Human Capital administrative processes and assists the Head of Human Resources in all aspects of the function. This includes the management of vendor relationships. This person is the primary point of contact with all of the vendors and ensures the administrative processes associated with all employee activities (onboarding, distribution of policies, benefits enrollment, termination of employees, salary increases, etc.) are initiated and performed in an efficient and accurate manner.
* Assist in the development of appropriate policies and programs for the effective management of human resources within the Company.
* Administer benefit programs, communicate benefit information to employees and respond to vendor/carrier issues.
* Process all benefit and HR invoices for payment.
* Oversee annual compliance with benefits legislation such as ACA.
* Implement FMLA process with all employees requesting leave; assist in the filing of short-term disability claims.
* Initiate all benefit interfaces including the semi-monthly transmissions to the FSA and 401(k) plan vendors; follow-up on transactional and data error reports where required.
* Provide data files required for testing of plans, including annual nondiscrimination tests for the 401(k) and FSA plans, and quarterly FSA audits.
* Manage the benefits open enrollment process including review of vendor proposals, secure management approval, write employee communications and set up of open enrollment modules with vendors and ADP.
* Ensure proper dissemination of legally required communications including Summary Plan Descriptions, Qualified Default Investment Alternative (QDIA) Notices, and Summary of Material Modifications.
* Maintain employee records in ADP and generate analytical reports for HR requirements and management decisions. Update ADP home page for relevant updates of employee benefits and policies.
* Audit employee data to ensure accuracy and data integrity within the ADP system.
* Respond to employee inquiries regarding pay and deductions and resolve discrepancies.
* Manage the time and attendance system and update time off policies, academic calendars, time off accruals, etc. in ADP. Establish and monitor appropriate codes for absences and prepare vacation year-end carryovers and sick pay carryovers for academic year.
* Compute pay adjustments, including pro-rated pay for new hires and terminations, calculation of vacation pay at termination, payment of special earnings such as stipends, etc. for the semi-monthly payroll. Audit the semi-monthly payrollbeforefinance processes the files.
* Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
* Manage processing of third-party sick pay, unemployment insurance claims, employment verifications, garnishments and child support orders.
* Enter and maintain new hire employee data into ADP and communicate with new hires on onboarding process and benefits enrollment.
* Create and maintain personnel files and compiles I-9 forms, background check releases, etc. in separate files.
* Prepare all offer letters for new hires, salary increase letters, and promotional increase letters.
* Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
* Must have demonstrated experience in a generalist role with a strong emphasis in benefits and HRIS/Payroll.
* A bachelor's degree and three to five years of HRexperience
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
* Experience directing and managing vendor and outsourcing relationships.
* Ability to reconcile vendor invoices and adept at analyzing data for management and financialreporting.
* Experience in ADP WorkforceNow preferred.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
* Must have strong computer skills including Excel and Word.