Human Resources Generalist
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
* Under general supervision in assigned human resources area, performs professional assignments requiring originality and ingenuity with some latitude for un-reviewed decisions. Generalist activities may include: compensation, employee relations, benefits, and training and employee development issues. May be assigned as HR representative with Generalist responsibilities for one or more departments/groups within the division/affiliate.
* Applies fundamental concepts and practices in assigned areas. Confers with manager on unusual matters.
* Assists in the development of new or revised programs and policies by performing and summarizing research. May assist in analyzing research data or in developing program or policy features.
* Works closely with management to ensure a positive employee relations environment. Listens to employee problems and may provide feedback to functional managers.
* Communicates with management and employees regarding Human Resources issues. Explains and interprets personnel policies, procedures, and processes as directed. Develops working knowledge of important legislation related to Labor Law.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor's Degree) in Human Resources Administration, Business Administration, or a related discipline, plus generally two years of professional level Human Resources Experience. Demonstrated ability to administer HR programs and assist in the development of new or revised programs. Working knowledge of human resources policies, procedures and processes. Basic knowledge of fundamental concepts of all other functional areas of human resources. Basic knowledge of human resources concepts and the HR legal environment.