Human Resources Generalist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: Human Resources Generalist
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
The Human Resources Generalist is a generalist/customer service role which is responsible for answering all of the day-to-day questions of field employees (temporary workers). This role is responsible for maintaining contact with all field consultants, assisting and providing an interface within the Company in the solution of a variety of Human Resources issues that arise.
The ability to execute individual tasks while maintaining a positive and outgoing attitude, are critical components to this role.
This position demands strong attention to detail, excellent time management and organizational skills; as well as, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all new hire forms are received in a timely manner and correctly completed.
- Generate employees applicant ID and general employee ID.
- Hiring new field employees in PeopleSoft (HRIS).
- Distribute new hire documents to appropriate departments for processing.
- Update the HRIS accurately with all employees related changes (benefits, payroll, addresses, salary, etc.).
- Follow-up with recruiter on completion of offer letter and I-9 documentation.
- Accurately respond to all new, current and terminated employee questions related to benefits, payroll, expenses, time and attendance, various HR policies, etc.
- Vacation approval processing.
- Submitting regular payroll information forms for bonuses as necessary and weekly/bi-weekly checks.
- Review proposals for new or revised FLSA classifications to determine appropriate exempt or non-exempt assignment in accordance with federal regulations
- Manage expense approvals.
- Work with the Immigration department to resolve employee related questions.
- Work with accounting to correct any wage, expense reimbursement, per diem or other payment errors.
- Ensure all employees accurately complete and submit time worked to ensure proper processing of paycheck.
- Review field employees time entry; Identify any discrepancies between hours reported to Mastech and hours reported to client;
work with the employee and the client to correct any discrepancies; approve time when accurate.
- Ensure that Account Managers are maintaining accurate information in the applicant tracking system.
- Coordinate with IT to collect laptops and other equipment for all terminated employees.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Minimum of two years HR Generalist experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- In-depth understanding of HR laws including, but not limited to, FMLA, workers compensation, COBRA, FLSA, etc.
- Previous experience with HRIS maintenance
- Payroll experience
If you or any one you know is interested in applying for this position, please connect with:
Recruiter Name: Donald Magliocchetti
Recruiter Phone: 412.490.6140
Equal Opportunity Employer