Human Resources Generalist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONHelios HR is currently looking for HR Generalists who are interested in using their experience in human resources to assist our clients across all tactical, operational and strategic facets of Human Resources. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated general knowledge of HR and exhibit strong communication skills, particularly the ability to effectively interact with and influence organizational leadership.
At Helios, you will find an engaging, challenging and supportive environment. We believe in operating with intention, demonstrating caring, being engaged and making BIG things happen. We live our values every day and it shows in the work we do with our clients, our community and our team. Helios provides competitive health, vision, prescription, dental, life and disability insurance, 401K, flexible spending accounts, prepaid legal services, paid holidays, paid time off and flexible work schedules. Helios also splits the cost of your gym membership.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, our consultants provide human resources consulting services throughout the Washington, DC metro area to a variety of commercial, government contracting, and non-profit clients.
Partner with organizational leadership to align human resources strategy with business objectives
Serve as trusted advisors, building deep relationships across all levels of the organizational from employees to leadership
Design and implement HR programs, practices, processes and policies which are consistent with industry best practices and align with organizational goals
Create and implement strategies to improve employee engagement and retention
Maintain subject matter expertise in all operational and tactical areas of HR including, but not limited to, employment law, FLSA classifications, leave management, HR technology, benefits management and compensation
* A Bachelordegree is required
* At least six years progressive HR Generalist experience
* An active HR certification (or the ability to acquire one within one year of hire) is required - PHR, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP
* General HR knowledge and a depth and expertise in at least one functional area of human resources, such as benefits management, HRIS, compensation, performance management or compliance is preferred
* Experience in government contracting is a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, exceptional presentation skills
* The ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, including C-Suite and VP levels, with confidence and poise
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
* Reliable transportation and the flexibility to work in a variety of locations within the Washington, DC metro area