Human Resources Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
TE SubCom (SubCom), a TE Connectivity Ltd. company, is an industry pioneer in undersea communications technology and marine services, and a leading global supplier for today s undersea communications requirements. As a vertically integrated supplier, SubCom designs, manufactures, deploys, and maintains the industry s most reliable fiber optic cable systems. Its solutions include long-haul and regional systems, repeaterless networks, capacity upgrades, offshore oil and gas, and scientific research applications. SubCom brings end-to-end network knowledge and global experience to support on-time delivery and the needs of customers worldwide. To date, the company has deployed more than 100 cable systems and enough subsea communication cable to circle the Earth 15 times at the Equator. For more information visit www.SubCom.com.
TE SubCom is seeking an HR Intern pursuing a Master s degree for our Human Resources Internship in our Eatontown, NJ location. The TE Human Resources Internship Program is designed to provide an in-depth experience through broad day-to-day exposure to HR as well as project and process responsibilities. Upon successful completion of the internship, you will have an opportunity to apply/interview for the Human Resources Rotation Program.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Administer annual employee engagement survey via survey monkey
* Analyze data and present findings to HR and leadership team
* Assist with process improvement efforts by employing TEOA methodology
* Coordinate and plan events for local internship program including lunches, NH & MD site tours, summer presentations, and more
* Administer and ensure completion of annual NJ compliance notices
* Work with HRBP and IT to create an HR Dashboard to report out metrics monthly
* Assist with other day-to-day HR responsibilities such as talent acquisition and onboarding
* Students enrolled in a Master s degree program in the field of Human Resources
* Minimum GPA of 3.0 is required
* Prior work experience in an office environment
* Strong written, oral communication, analytical and presentation skills
* Ability to interact with all levels of employment and work in multi-cultural environment
* Must have strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
* Knowledge of employment laws, workers compensation, FMLA, FLSA, ADA and EEO