Human Resources Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 2/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job
Veeco's process equipment solutions enable the manufacture of LEDs, displays, power electronics, compound semiconductors, hard disk drives, semiconductors, MEMS and wireless chips. We are the leader in MOCVD, MBE, Ion Beam, Wet Etch single wafer processing and other advanced thin film process technologies. Our high performance systems drive innovation in energy efficiency, consumer electronics and network storage and allow our customers to maximize productivity and achieve lower cost of ownership.
Veeco MOCVD is looking for a part time HR Intern for six months to a year.
* Partner with the HR Director of the Business Unit to work on tactical HR activities and special projects related to recruiting, and retention and engagement. Examples of projects include
* Develop an Orientation Program and participate in Onboarding Process for New Hires
* Participate in development of Engagement Strategies for critical talent
* Participate in roll out of Manager Development sessions
* Develop presentations to assist with employee and senior leadership team communications
* Handle all new hire paperwork and employee access requests
* Complete compensation analyses for job offers.
* Assist in analyzing and developing metrics for HR programs
* Participate in HR activities and meetings
* Assist in additional projects, tasks and activities related to the Human Resources function
* Coursework in Human Resources Management required
* Prior HR Internship experience preferred
* Self starter
* Learning Agility
* Effective computer (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Quantitative analytical skills
Veeco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.