Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Human Resources Manager
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C's applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C's sole discretion.
Human Resources Jobs - Beech Island, SC / Beech Island, SC Jobs at Kimberly-Clark
Human Resources Manager / HR Site Leader
Beech Island, SC
This position provides leadership and takes overall functional responsibility for a broad range of human resource activities and initiatives for the Beech Island Baby Child Care Manufacturing Facility.
The HR Leader will provide site leadership in creating a high performance culture that emphasizes employee engagement, quality, safety and effective continuous improvement implementation to drive a highly productive workforce. In addition, this role will have lead responsibility for employee relations management as well as other high performance initiatives to deliver transformation and ongoing continuous improvement to our work practices and team leader leadership capabilities.
The HR Leader will build on and apply their expertise in various areas including performance management, employee relations, lean manufacturing, organizational development, training and
Customers and Customer Requirements:
Key customers include mill and sector management and all employees. The incumbent works closely with the Plant Manager and is a member of the Leadership Team, providing advice and counsel in the areas of employee relations, organizational effectiveness and talent building.
Serves as a catalyst for change; helps develop and implement new leadership concepts and supports initiatives that build organizational strength. Leads the development and coordination of HR systems/programs and services that are timely and responsive to identified needs. Provides counsel and advice in all functional HR areas including policy administration, reward and recognition systems, organization effectiveness, employee relations, training and development, conflict resolution, employee engagement, etc.
The position reports to the HR Director - Baby Child Care. In addition, this position is responsible for all HR related issues that require attention from external K-C and site sources (i.e., union avoidance, OFCCP audits, EEO claims, etc.)
* Provide leadership and direction regarding organizational design and management concepts that will assure the achievement of the plant vision.
* Exercise the appropriate level of diligence and participation by ensuring that plans and activities that have impact across the entire site are understood, communicated and implemented with the principle in view.
* Lead the development and/or implementation of the full range of human resource services in areas such as salary, wage and benefit programs formulation and implementation, benefits administration and policy interpretation in a multi-sector environment.
* Provide advice and counsel to the Plant Manager and leadership team in areas such as Personnel Selection, Labor and Employment Law, Employee Relations, Union Avoidance, etc.
* Coach and consult with the Plant Manager and Staff on team effectiveness, team leadership, talent management, and organizational effectiveness in setting mill policies in support of long-range mill improvements.
* Must be approachable and skilled in bringing forward employee relations issues and concerns in a manner that builds employee confidence in the incumbent's ability to hear and understand the issue in a non-threatening manner. In addition, this role must bring credibility as an employee advocate while balancing the needs of an ever changing business environment to ensure employees are treated fairly and free of retaliation.
* Provide leadership to ensure the organization attracts, develops and retains the best people and fosters an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to fully use their capabilities to improve both their individual and team contributions in achieving desired business results.
* Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know. Communicate in a way that is timely, complete, candid and clear.
* Ensure the communication, implementation and promotion of OneKC Behaviors and Culture of Accountability principles as a means for supporting an environment of continuous improvement focused on delivering manufacturing results.
* Ensure the consistent application of Performance Management principles and processes are applied at all organizational levels to foster an environment of accountability, development, results and rewards.
* Possesses proven team leadership skills and the ability to articulate and support the business vision, mission and goals.
* Demonstrate functional proficiency in the areas of staffing, organizational development and effectiveness, change management, compensation, labor relations, legislative and regulatory compliance.
* To be successful, the incumbent must possess credibility with both internal and external customers based on the incumbent's in-depth knowledge of general business practices and human resource services, plus a working knowledge of human resources and training applications from outside resources.
* Incumbent must have the ability to organize and plan, delegate, lead, encourage and motivate people and maintain effective control.
* At least 10 years of business and functional experience is typically required at this level with at least 5 of those years spent at the manager level within a manufacturing environment and a working knowledge of continuous improvement /Lean manufacturing.
* Must have demonstrated capability in problem solving, conflict resolution and working within site culture. In depth knowledge of business strategy, and specific HR functional knowledge.
* Educational requirements include a bachelor's degree in an area relating to this position with a Masters degree preferred.
* SPHR certification is desired.
* Ability to relocate for career growth opportunities within the KC HR Organization.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigr