Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Johns Manville we are committed to delivering positive and powerful experiences, because we are successful only when our employees and customers thrive! We are passionate, we care about people, we perform, and we protect others and our environments. If these values align with your values too; you will find our HR Manager position and Johns Manville a fun place where you can participate in ongoing training, coaching and mentoring of plant leadership and hourly employees in Cleburne, Texas. If you enjoy building relationship, managing multiple priorities, analyzing metrics, conducting investigations, advocating for employees, innovate process improvements, and enjoy being part of the recruiting process and be rooted in all HR responsibilities this is a great opportunity where you will grow and develop.
Initiates strategies to create a robust workforce plan that addresses current and future organizational needs, including workforce size and structure.
Facilitate annual HR processes including compensation planning, open enrollment, succession planning, affirmative action plan development and others as required.
Coaches managers in understanding employee issues and concerns and underlying causes, promotes direct lines of communications between employees and management.
Utilizes data driven metrics to make recommendations to improve organizational and business effectiveness.
Implements programs for knowledge transfer.
Conducts thorough investigations and develops solutions to complex employee issues and concerns.
Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
Coaches managers in understanding local labor contracts and compliance issues, advises managers of legal issues.
Lead union negotiations and grievances, implement and manage the contract.
* Bachelor's degree.
* 5 or more years of experience working as a lead generalist role or in a succession of assignments in various HR disciplines.
* Experience with talent management, including recruitment, succession planning, and employee development.
* Experience in conducting investigations related to employee issues and concerns.
* Experience or exposure to change management methodology; experience as a \\"change agent\\".
* Experience coaching and counseling.
* Strong performance management knowledge with particular emphasis on managing an objective based appraisal process
* Positive employee relations expertise to include pro-active preventative labor experience.
* Experience managing and negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
* Experience with one or more of the following, labor relations, grievances, negotiations, arbitrations, etc.
* Ability to work in a team environment as well as across the organization.
* Ability to climb stairs, extensive walking, hot and cold.
* Ability to work a rotating shift or after hours as needed.
* Ability to be on call as needed.
* Ability to travel up to 20%.
* ADP experience - Payroll and Report Writing.
* Solid problem resolution and influencing skills.
* Manufacturing experience.
* Certifications PHR or SPHR.
* Union experience.
* Communication skills (verbal, written and presentation/facilitation).
* Project management background.
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report