Human Resources Manager, Corporate Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
King Of Prussia, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq Id 21681 - Posted 08/15/2016 - Human Resources - King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US
This position manages all aspects of the human resources function for 3 corporate functional groups (Finance, IT and HR) and 1 business unit (the Functional Additives Business) as well as HR corporate social responsibility reporting and HR policy oversight for Arkema US. The position requires someone well versed in all aspects of human resources included staffing, compensation and benefits, training and development and employment law. Also requires demonstrated analytical ability, a capacity to successfully influence others and full capability to successfully negotiate to a positive outcome, mediate between differences of opinion, and make sound, fair judgments in support of business objectives. Most importantly, the position requires that the individual be seen as a valued, contributing, and collaborative member and teammate within his/her client groups as well as within the HR&C group.
1. HR Business Partner for client groups
- As primary HR contact for several client groups, establish personal credibility and build and maintain strong partnerships at multiple levels within those groups.
- Serve as the key contact point for all HR issues within client groups.
- Ensure awareness and compliance with HR policies within client groups
- Implement/execute HR practices and initiatives within client groups: Performance Management Process, Talent Review Process, Employee Safety and Engagement Survey and follow-up action plans, Reward & Recognition program, Job (re)evaluations and other compensation-related practices,
- Initiate actions or projects for greater/cost effective workforce planning and management, succession planning as well as employee development and engagement within client groups
- Assess, monitor and address employee questions and concerns.
- Advise and bring resolution to employee relations issues
- Lead all recruitment, on-boarding, development, promotion and departure processes with client groups
2. Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting
- Responsible for the development and accurate reporting of key HR metrics related to Corporate Social Responsibility initiative and other reports for senior management.
3. HR Policies:
- Lead project group to maintain fair, accurate, and up-to-date HR policies.
- Lead or contribute to special projects, inside and outside of the HR&C function, on an as needed basis.
- Assist with employee investigations and represent the company at hearing and investigations with Corporate Legal guidance.
- Maintain records, statistical reports on recruiting, interviews, hires, transfers, promotions, terminations and performance appraisals.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The position will reside in the King of Prussia facility. Organizational/planning skills are critical for this role. Composure, ability to build rapport and trust, good judgment and analytical skills are also needed to be effective in the role. A sense of urgency and a proactive approach to addressing HR issues is expected.
1. Develops and maintains successful, productive relationships with client groups, and within the HR team.
2. Ensures qualitative and cost effective workforce management
3. Implements effectively HR initiatives and processes within client groups (e.g., PMP)
4. Develops and maintains human resources strategies/procedures/programs linked to the client groups strategies.
5. Fosters an environment that encourages and rewards continuous individual growth and delivery of results
6. Provides support to leadership teams of client groups through advice, coaching, and development.
7. Ensures the timely reporting, verification of and trend analysis from metrics related to Corporate Social Responsibility program and others.
8. Contributes to the continuous improvements of HR practices, processes and data management.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor s degree (B.S.) is required, Master Degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working as a generalist in the Human Resources field
- Previous experience being the HR Business Partner for a/multiple corporate departments is needed
- Experience in the manufacturing industry preferred
- Experience or exposure in dealing with other cultures is needed
- Must be results-oriented, have a business orientation and be able to react quickly and effectively to changing situations.
- Effective at coaching at many levels; especially managers.
- Good functional knowledge of human resources management (recruitment/employment, employee relations, compensation, performance management, training, employee development).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a part of a diverse team
- Effective written and verbal communicator, in both one-to-one and group discussions
- Demonstrated analytical skills and experience with analytics/KPIs, Metrics.
- Track record of success in the implementation of HR solutions.
- Good project management, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Experience with key HR processes and systems is needed; knowledge of SAP and SuccessFactors is preferred.
- Ability to read legal and financial documents, references in case law investigation, labor contracts, labor laws and rules and federal laws.
A global chemical company and France s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry
every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that
provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of
energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in close to 50 countries, some 19,000
employees and research centers in North America, France and Asia, Arkema generates pro forma annual revenue of some
$8.1 billion, and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands.,
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For more information about the EEOC, please refer to The \\"EEO IS The Law\\" poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.