Human Resources Manager / Director 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Working as a strategic business partner with company and plant leadership, evaluate the state of human resources in the plant, identify opportunities for improvement, develop and execute a strategic vision for the HR function in the plant focused on supporting the achievement of both the owners and plant key performance objectives.
* Develop and administer work force engagement development initiatives specific to the company's needs. Provide career planning and development counsel to employees and managers. Establish a Performance Management and Talent Management strategy for Individual Development Planning while driving workforce engagement and retention.
* Drive employee engagement to maximize safety, manufacturing, quality and customer service goal attainment.
* Develop and align HR initiatives to the business strategy which includes the ability to identify, analyze, understand and articulate business goals and objectives at the company, plant and business unit level.
* Ensure compliance with regulatory activities such as EEO, AAP, OSHA / Safety, Worker's Compensation, Unemployment, FMLA and FLSA.
* Analyze, monitor and improve diversity administration education, training, staffing, communication, affirmative action planning & development, and diversity culture building.
* Coordinate and enforce HR policies, processes, systems and reporting activities.
* Manage the day-to-day administration of employee engagement, such as grievance oversight, as well as prepare and conduct negotiations in partnership with internal and external stakeholders as necessary.
* Effectively manage employee relations issues.
* Coach and counsel managers and supervisors in the plant regarding employee and labor issues in order to enable them to address employee issues at the floor level.
* Ensure consistent delivery of benefit programs.
* Support the staffing process including sourcing, interviewing, testing, job offers and new employee orientation. Measure plant staffing effectiveness including turnover analysis and action planning.
* Strong background in workforce development, training, and the development of and the implementation of HR Strategies and SOPs for best practices.
* Minimum of 5years Human Resources experience in manufacturing or 3 plus years at a Supervisor level in manufacturing.
* Strong leadership and communication skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
* Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required.
* Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or (SPHR) a plus but not required.
* Bi-lingual preferred, Spanish.