Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHAT ARE THE 3-4 NON-NEGOTIABLE REQUIREMENTS ON THIS POSITION
5 years of HR management experience in a hospitality industry -what were the candidates lacking that were rejected experience level, hospitality background.
WHAT ARE THE NICE-TO-HAVE SKILLS
65K base + 15%bonus = 75K total comp -certification: PHR, or SHRMCP certified Preferably
Perform responsibilities in accordance with all Company standards, policies, and procedures, with the goal of promoting a healthy, positive working environment. Responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource function.
1. Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting the Client's Service Standards at all times.
2. Plans, organizes and controls activities of the HR department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
3. Establishes and maintains departmental records and reports. Participates in Huddles, Focus Friday's and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
4. Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
5. Assist HR Director with developing, recommending, and implementing personnel policies and procedures.
6. Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
7. Oversee benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
8. Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt Team Members; participates in new-hire Celebration; monitors career-pathing program, employee relations counseling, and exit interviewing.
9. Interact with Team Members and leaders at all levels concerning Team Member relations issues and providing guidance (i.e. coaching, counseling, complaints, interpretation of Company policies and procedures, etc.).
10. Review all corrective counseling notices and performance appraisal forms; review discrepancies / disagreements with H.R. Director/Team leaders and/or Team Members and provide feedback.
11. Assist with preparing management's and Team Members' cases and scheduling Team Member Hearings.
12. Interview and thoroughly investigate all issues of dispute, mediate resolutions and thoroughly document all aspects of each case for the file, and maintain a Team Member Relations Log.
13. Keep Director of Human Resources updated with all notable issues and resolutions by submitting a status report weekly.
14. Oversee exit interviews and follow-up interviews and review feedback; review with H.R. Director and follow-up with Team Members and/or leaders as required.
15. Assist managers with screening external and internal job candidates and in the development of scheduling / manpower planning strategies.
16. Assist in assessing training and development needs, and co-facilitate some training sessions with Training Manager.
17. Respond to all unemployment claims and hearings.
18. Maintain high visibility within the property by walking the floor and attending department huddles and meetings when appropriate.
19. Assist with all Human Resource functions as needed.
1. Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
2. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience. PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
3. Minimum of five (5) years HR Manager experience including, extensive employee relations responsibilities. Prior work in Casino HR Management capacity preferred.
4. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or other computer and HR software.
5. Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to relate well with all levels of organization, and strong listening and critical thinking skills.
7. Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
8. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
9. Ability to direct and lead staff in the development and implementation of departmental goals.
10. Ability to evaluate courses of action and reach sound, non-judgmental management decisions and resolutions.
11. Thorough knowledge of personnel practices and procedures.
12. Must possess strong organization and time management skills.
13. Bilingual ability a plus.
1. Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
2. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time while using a computer.
3. Ability to communicate on the phone and in person with internal and external Guests.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. However, work may be conducted in the casino, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, and may contain second hand smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access. Tasks will also be performed from a sitting position. Performance of job duties will require standing, walking, lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping. These tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area. Constant contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a Team Member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or delegated by Management to meet the business needs of the property.