Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Under general direction and within Corporate and Divisional policy and procedure, administers the personnel activities of the plant so as to achieve plant objectives through effective and efficient human resources management. Plans, develops necessary procedures and directs the personnel activities of the plant. Directs, evaluates and approves the actions of subordinates. Provides counsel, advice and recommendations where appropriate to assist superior in carrying out assigned duties. In addition, provides counsel, advice and recommendations where appropriate to assist group management achieve goals and plans.
* Recruits, interviews, tests, hires and on-boards employees. Establishes and maintains employee personnel records.
* Participates in plant health, safety, medical and employee service activities and programs.
* Assures plant compliance with state and federal labor legislation on such subjects as equal opportunity, affirmative action, wages and hours, workers' and unemployment compensation, occupational health and safety, etc. Directs contention of unemployment compensation. May help represent plant with OFCCP audits. Co-ordinates EEOC compliance.
* Directs employee relations and development activities. Provides counsel and training to managers and supervisors regarding positive employee relations and engagement efforts.
* Counsels plant management employees on manpower utilization, turnover control, compensation, performance evaluation and other personnel matters. Ensures consistent application of policies in accordance with site handbook.
* Coordinates training programs for hourly and salaried personnel.
* Represents company in local organizations. Plans and directs charity drives.
* Oversees workers compensation (reserves, claims management and contested cases).
* Over time is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* This position has heavy interaction with arbitration, grievances and contract negotiations.
* Create relationships and partner with internal stakeholders on all HR matters
_NOTE: This is a general overview of the job duties, not a complete list of essential job functions._
_This job and all other duties performed under this job description will adhere to all Federal, State, and Local environmental regulations, as well as any additional plant specific environmental management system requirements (see the plant's ISO 14001 EMP)_
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field.
* Minimum six (6) years' experience human resources generalist/management experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
* Experience working in a Union facility as an HR Manager is required.
* Experience and / or exposure to grievances, arbitration and negotiations is required.