Human Resources Manager - Jefferson, GA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONHubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2015 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Hubbell Lighting, headquartered in Greenville, SC, is a core business platform of Hubbell Incorporated. The platform supplies a comprehensive range of indoor and outdoor lighting products to industrial, commercial and institutional applications and is the largest manufacturer of residential lighting fixtures in North America.
The Human Resources Manager role will play a key role by providing both practical and strategic support through daily interactions with key business leaders in Hubbell Lighting (HLI). This partnership will foster strong relationships in order to drive company and business group strategic goals. The incumbent will be involved in projects and the day-to-day operations of a new distribution center, a vital facility in the company s distribution channel. This position will report to the VP, HR for HLI and be based in Jefferson, GA.
The Human Resources Manager oversees the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. The HR Manager carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruiting/employment, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits and compensation.
* Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
* Responsible for distribution center safety policies and practices.
* Assists managers and supervisors in all employee related matters.
* Coordinates annual benefit enrollment processes; coordinates the health awareness program.
* Responsible for hourly time and payroll hours reporting including vacation, sick pay, etc.
* Responsible for administering all benefits programs incl. medical, dental, life insurance, disability, and 401(k).
* Responsible for training, educational reimbursement and new hire orientation programs.
* Responsible performance review and pay program administration for distribution center employees.
* Performs HR transactions such as promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations of all hourly, non-exempt, and exempt employees.
* Maintain HRIS system to ensure site employee information and payroll is processed correctly.
* Responsible for all state and federal reporting for OSHA, EEO, Veterans, and Employment.
* Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university
* 5+ years of related experience and/or training in HR role; manufacturing environment preferred
* PHR, SPHR Certificates desired
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills
* Familiarity with SAP preferred
* Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions
* Works well in group problem solving situations
* Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
* Coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.