Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 1/26/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONGlobal reach. Local results.
Ports America is proud to be the largest terminal operator and stevedore in the United States, operating in more than 42 ports and 80 locations.
We provide clients with a distinct competitive advantage, combining the flexibility of global connection with the efficiency of local expertise. We are dedicated to customer satisfaction, consistently delivering measurable results. And our commitment to safety in the workplace is second to none.
An HR Generalist role that will coordinate the Human Resources administrative functions of the PAS business unit including recruitment, employee relations, organizational development, retention efforts, and employee training. Collaborates on HR initiatives and projects. Collaborates with all other business units and functions within the PAS organization.
* Supports the recruiting and on boarding process by coordinating with the efforts of the Shared Services department. Maintain tracking report for business unit.
* Ensures all new hires receive IT equipment including but not limited to laptops, cell phone, etc..
* Create and maintain a Superintendent new hire training program.
* Assists in company Succession Planning efforts.
* Assists in Organizational Developmental efforts including but not limited to training, development plans, goal setting, internal levelling, etc..
* Assists and coordinates on compliance efforts.
* Assists with the Compensation program and performance management as necessary.
* Creation and maintaining of Job Descriptions.
* Processes routine employee transactions and coordinates such efforts with Shared Service personnel and payroll as necessary.
* Compiles, prepares and analyzes data/reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities. Prepare Business Presentations as necessary.
* Manages special projects supporting a variety of HR initiatives.
* Investigate and coordinate Employee Relations and Ethics investigations.
* Supports assigned groups with employee relations advice and counsel to employees, supervisors, and management including routine corrective action efforts.
* Provides guidance and interpretation of human resources policies, practices and programs to employees and management. Day to day inquiries.
* Conducts employee exit interviews.
* Plans and coordinates departmental travel efforts to support the business.
* Manages Wellness program for business unit.
* Manage annual open enrollment for Business Unit.
* Create of a Job Manual for the position.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field.
* 3-5 years relevant HR experience.
* Understanding of areas related to employee relations, including EEO, FMLA, ADA, labor law, and other employee laws.
* Experience in investigating employee relations issues.
* Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills required.
* Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, exercise sound judgment and clearly communicate findings and advice.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a TWIC card.
* Travel 25-50%.
* Outstanding communication skills with emphasis in active listening.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment in an extremely fast paced environment.
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources management and administration.
* Ability to coach and counsel others, assess needs, manage performance, manage change and facilitate groups and teams.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence others.
* Highly organized with solid administrative skills and the ability to prioritize a heavy workload.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
* Strong Microsoft Office skills (Work, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Ports America is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled