Human Resources Manager (Plant)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Looking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're turned on by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager who will be responsible for oversight and implementation of the site's human resources function for a diverse client group of salaried and hourly employees. Identify and drive the communication and sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement. The incumbent will drive the organizational development process, serve as an employee advocate, manage employee relations and communications, and ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and corporate requirements within the function.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Contribute to the business objectives by helping business leaders identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures and processes. Act as a liaison between the operations and HR to ensure HR services are aligned with the needs of the business. Identify new opportunities where HR can add value to the business.
* Provide expert advice and coaching where appropriate. Ensure that a strong leadership and coaching culture permeates the organization. Identify and resolve employee issues through regular contact with all employees.
* Assist the business leader to provide employees with development opportunities and ensure current and future performance standards are met. Champion the Talent Management Process and ensure timely, accurate and fair assessments of employee performance are conducted per the corporate guidelines. Support managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the business objectives.
* Administer the local Workers' Compensation program, oversee the unemployment claims process and management of relationship with company panel health care providers. Champion the Union Avoidance Plan for the facility.
* Recruit candidates for all hourly and salaried positions using behavioral based interviewing techniques and company mandated selection tools.
* Manage Environmental, Health and Safety facility reporting per corporate requirements and participate in the plants EH&S management system.
* Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR plan and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives. Participate in corporate HR project teams and programs and coordinate community involvement.
* Responsible for facilitating long-term initiatives aligned with the business agenda.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The Human Resources Manager will also ensure consistent application of all corporate and plant policies, and/or plant practices. Communicate HR programs and policies to plant staff and address all related questions. Conduct investigations of potential violations of company policies. Lead a process for capturing desired changes in plant policies and practices.
* Bachelors degree in Human Resources or Business Administration along with at least 7 years of demonstrated Human Resources and employee relations with knowledge of OSHA.
* Demonstrated expert change management and communication skills and advanced understanding of employment law.
* Intermediate proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
* Ability to work in t he U .S. without current/future need fo r GAF visa sponsorship.
* Master's degree in Human Resources with demonstrated Human Resources experience within a manufacturing/industrial setting.
* Demonstrated exposure to OSHA reporting, regulations and compliance along with presentation and training delivery & development experience. PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
No search firms please.