Human Resources Manager - Talbot Hall
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
CEC is a leading national provider of rehabilitative services for offenders in reentry and in-prison treatment facilities, as well as providing comprehensive management of county, state, and federal jail and detention facilities. The company provides evidence-based programming for residential and non-residential clients and maintains a documented record of reducing recidivism. CEC services also include SECON, a division that conducts comprehensive drug testing and screening services worldwide.
CEC is seeking a professional in the role of Human Resources Manager at Talbot Hall, located in Kearny, NJ.
The Human Resources Manager manages and coordinates human resources and administrative activities such as recruitment, HRIS database, file maintenance, and general support to employees to ensure compliance with facility and company policies, in addition to applicable state and federal regulations.
* Organizes and maintains staff personnel and training files in accordance with company and facility policy. Retains records in line with company record retention requirements.
* Responsible for data entry and maintenance of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) database which includes entering new hires, job changes (promotions, status changes, compensation changes, etc.), and employee personal information updates.
* Works closely with respective Regional Human Resources Director to ensure compliance with CEC's HR processes, procedures and policies, and assists with company initiatives.
* Facilitates position requisition process, and maintains applicant flow logs in accordance with company policy. Responsible for on-boarding new employees, including processing all new hire paperwork and providing basic orientation.
* Maintains office bulletin boards to provide employees with pertinent company and facility information and updates, and ensures that all required state and federal posters are displayed.
* Provides prospective and current employees with information regarding policies and procedures, job duties, health benefits, time off requests, opportunities for promotion, and general work expectations.
* Coordinates unemployment insurance claims and hearings with CEC's unemployment vendor and applicable managers.
* Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, assisting with disciplinary procedures, and helping to resolve work-related problems.
* Communicates with other departments, facilities, applicants, administrators, and staff to provide information and assistance regarding recruitment, transfers, rehires employment, personnel records and employment law.
* Provides training to residents and staff as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field preferred.
Minimum two years' experience in Human Resources or related field required.
The Human Resources Representative must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Working knowledge of computers, and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Community Education Centers offers unlimited potential for career growth, a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and 401(k).
To apply, please visit our website at: www.cecintl.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://cec.contacthr.com/50605295.jpg /