Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Waste Pro, USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Regional Human Resources Manager partners with regional business leaders to build organizational capabilities that support the business strategy while ensuring a strong employee engagement, perpetuation of our shared values and a performance culture that permeates the organization. The Regional HR Manager is responsible for assisting local managers and supervisors with implementation of Company policies and procedures, and monitoring HR-related activity to ensure compliance and effectiveness. Position provides human resources advice and consultation to employees and management including coaching and counseling on performance management issues, conflict management, and interpretation of employment policies and resolution.
The Regional HR Manager will function as liaison between corporate and regional operations. Additionally, the Regional HR Manager will develop and promote strategies in partnership with HR Leader and RVP's to improve organization, consistency, and comprehensiveness of HR policies, programs and systems
Essential Job Functions
* Substantial Business Acumen - strong analytical skills and diagnostic skills, understands business strategies/P&L, develops HR strategies that drives business results.
* Builds Trust - acts with integrity, remains open, and supports others.
* Builds Partnerships - builds strategic relationships between own area, other areas, departments, etc. to achieve business results.
* Customer Focus - makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions while balancing their objectives with the larger organizational needs.
* Facilitates Change - facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change, addresses change resistance, manages complexity and contradictions, and drives culture change.
* Gains Commitment - effectively facilitates discussion, develops others and own ideas, establishes strong interpersonal relationships.
* High Impact Communication - clearly and succinctly conveys information and ideas in a variety of settings. Communicates in a focused and compelling way that drives action.
* Strategic Decision Making - identifies key issues relevant to achieving a goal, evaluates and selects strategies, establishes implementation plan, executes plan.
* Systems Thinking - views business issues from a broad perspective that includes seeing overall structures, patterns and cycles in systems, rather than seeing only specific events in the system. Uses systems thinking as means to getting to root cause solutions.
* Organizational Agility - knows how to achieve objectives through formal and informal channels, understands the reasoning behind key policies, practices, procedures; understands organizational culture.
1. Partners with business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes that support the regional businesses.
2. Facilitates Region and Corporate initiatives aligned with the strategic agenda.
3. Ensures that a strong employee engagement and performance culture permeates the organization. Assists management team in developing high impact employee engagement strategies - i.e. communication, employee involvement, coaching, union avoidance, etc.
4. Assists management team in developing bench strength - i.e. succession planning, performance management, training, diversity, etc.
5. Creates a learning environment - enables others through coaching and guiding development. In partnership with Training Manager, assists in the development and delivery of training programs.
6. Partners with management to resolve complex human resources concerns, provides guidance on terminations and oversee the termination process. In partnership with Corporate HR responds to EEOC and legal charges.
7. Implements, disseminates, and monitors corporate and division policies, programs and procedures in the areas of performance management, training, salary administration, compliance, and benefits to attract, retain, and motivate employees.
8. Monitors division compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, unemployment compensation and any other employment-related requirements.
9. Coordinates with division operations and corporate/regional/district HR staff regarding all employment activity (i.e., hiring, employee relations, compliance, terminations, etc.) within the division and communicates key metrics to senior management.
10. Stays abreast of progressive HR practices and key trends.
11. Participates in company-wide projects and committees.
12. 30% travel to sites within region is required.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.*Essential Functions-The statements above are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
* BA/BS degree in business, human resources or a related field;
* At least 3 years of progressive human resources generalist experience. Training, employee relations, legal compliance, performance management and recruitment background preferred
* SHRM Accreditation Preferred
* Broad knowledge of HR principles, state and federal employment and labor laws
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize and deliver results
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to prepare written reports, correspondence and presentations to senior leadership and ability to lead, motivate and coach others.
* Proven analytical and problem solving skills
* High degree of autonomy, yet team oriented with ability to work cross-functionally within a matrix organization.
* Ability to manage dynamic situations requiring a well developed sense of meeting tactical priorities.
* Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft Office, Outlook.
* Strong planning/organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
* Ability to exercise sound judgment and made decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job function
* Open availability and flexibility to work according to the needs of the business.
EVIRONMENTAL/FUNCTIONAL SKILL SETS
* Will need to function in diversity of settings that include facilities, equipment yards, landfills, recycling centers, transfer stations, and residential / commercial areas.
* Able to climb in and out of equipment.
* Valid Drivers License
* Lift, carry and push/pull at least 20 lbs. without difficulty.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.