Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONHeadquartered in Tucson, Arizona, we are a provider of instruments and reagents for molecular profiling applications. Our mission is to empower precision medicine at the local level. In 2013, we commercialized our Edge instrument platform and a portfolio of RNA assays that leverage HTG's proprietary nuclease protection chemistry. Our Edge system capabilities have been expanded to fully automate sample and targeted library preparation for next-generation sequencing.
THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER will be responsible to develop, implement and execute human resources strategies, structures, tools and processes aligned with the business strategy to support the optimization of human capital. This must be accomplished within the framework of the organization's corporate policies, plans, and programs. As the Human Resources position for employees across the U.S and Internationally, this position requires generalized knowledge and involvement in all specialized areas.
* Ensure that our compensation and benefit programs remain competitive and grow with the organization to provide scalability.
* Manage the non-executive compensation function, maintaining appropriate salary, incentive and equity programs for a fast-growing company.
* Manage annual compensation cycle for non-executive staff.
* Interface regularly with the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors on compensation programs.
* Direct all aspects of recruiting to include, working with hiring managers to develop job descriptions and job advertisements; screening and interviewing candidates; and on-boarding new employees. Although used infrequently, will also manage search firms.
* Manage all aspects of benefits administration for employees, including medical, dental, vision, FSA's, life and disability insurance; Employee Stock Purchase, 401k; worker's compensation; automobile; umbrella and liability coverages. Research and recommend viable wellness initiatives.
* Develops workforce engagement strategies and programs emphasizing the retention and development of current high potential employees, the rapid integration of new employees, and the attraction of highly qualified candidates.
* Serves as a resource for managers in handling employee issues, performance management, problem-solving and consensus-building.
* Regularly review HR metrics to identify trends and forecast needs/gaps based upon upcoming business initiatives.
* Participate as an active member of the Safety Steering Committee.
* Coordinate and work with the Finance and Accounting Department to ensure timely and accurate payroll.
* Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations while demonstrating "best practices" within HR.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, business administration, or other related discipline.
* Post graduate training in employment law, compensation, employee relations, organizational development or other key HR specialties desired.
* HR certification preferred.
* 8 to 10 years of progressive work experience in human resources management across all HR disciplines, including recruitment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, training and development, legal compliance, and safety and health.
* Substantial experience working with a global, decentralized and diverse workforce.
* We have a fast paced, start-up environment, and are looking for someone that knows what this means, and can successfully function within it.
* Solid understanding of federal, state and local employment and payroll regulations in multiple state environment; international experience preferred.
* Experience working in a process centric manner with plans, reporting and metrics for performance
* Experience applying the same values for process implementation to HR practices as is found in the regulated manufacturing and development functions
* Proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
* Working knowledge of payroll, HRIS, and ATS databases.
* Experience in a pharmaceutical or life-sciences industry preferred
* Must possess strong management, analytical, organizational and customer service principles and practices.
* This is a one person HR Department, so the successful candidate is both strategist and the hands-on doer.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence through listening, writing, and presenting.
* Demonstrated ability to coach employees and managers in sensitive situations.
Nestled at the foothills of the majestic Catalina Mountains, and ringed by 4 other mountain ranges, a young and family friendly modern metropolis, Tucson offers 360 days of sunshine, unparalleled golf, museums, historic sites and hiking trails where one can experience the wide variety of animal and plant life of the Sonoran Desert, one of the most biodiverse spots on the planet.
HTG offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package including 100% employer payed medical and dental benefits, long term disability and life insurance, an employee stock purchase plan, equity awards, and the unique ability to work with cutting edge technological advances.