Human Resources Manager 9/6/2016
Woodland Hills, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION
Our client is a specialized boutique accounting and consulting services firm with a unique culture of our own. We primarily serve pre-IPO and public companies with complex accounting needs. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING IN A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR BILLABLE ENVIRONMENT (ACCOUNTING PREFERRED, LAW OFFICE, ETC.) We have adaptable leadership open to new ideas that collaborates to find the right answers. We strive to make practical decisions that keep employees feeling valued and engaged with our core values. The Firm is focused on exceeding client expectations, so we are building a world-class internal infrastructure that goes beyond merely supporting our billable team members in achieving firm objectives. The person we seek will be a highly intelligent individual who is a persuasive and confident leader, who can manage all areas of people operations and talent acquisition. The People Operations (HR) Manager will serve as a critical conduit between the partners and firm employees to carry out a variety of strategic growth initiatives.
The People Operations (HR) Manager is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a
professional level and works closely with management. This position carries out
responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee
relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation,
recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Key Account-abilities: 75% HR 25% Recruiting
1. Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services,
including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and
welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health,
succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor
relations; completing personnel transactions.
2. Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information;
recommending courses of action.
3. Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems;
evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling
managers and employees.
4. Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and
schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling
5. Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving
concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
6. Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
7. Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
8. Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new
legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions.
9. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading
professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional
10. Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job
1. Operational expertise
2. Relationship management
3. Critical thinking
5. Emotional maturity
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Requirements
1. Seeking someone with 4-8 years of experience in HR roles
2. Strong values with a clear inner core of purpose-driven leadership.
3. Problem solving and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to research and analyze
problems at a senior level, providing feedback, guidance and direction.
4. Clear understanding of Human Resources practices and legal requirements.
5. Working knowledge of the critical components of a successful HR department including
employment law, performance management, resolving conflict, having difficult
conversations, employee engagement, training, maintaining employee files, and
managing operational budgets.
6. Clear, strong verbal communication and consulting skills. Demonstrated ability to work at
the senior leadership level.
7. Well-developed writing and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate
clearly across all levels of an organization.
8. Discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality. Demonstrated ability to listen, analyze and
inform appropriately while maintaining the required sensibilities in handling confidential
9. Professional service firm experience is strongly preferred.
10. B.S. in Business or the Social Sciences with demonstrated ability to understand the language of business. SPHR or otherHR certification preferred.