Human Resources Representative 9/9/2016
Emerald Performance Materials
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Duties/Responsibilities:
* Administer policies and programs concerning employment, training and development, employee relations, compensation, payroll, employee benefits, safety and health, employee services and advise senior management on human resource issues.
* Provide administrative support for management.
* Maintain personnel and medical files for all hires, terminations, promotions and transfers; maintenance of attendance and absence records.
* Process weekly payroll for hourly employees and semi-monthly payroll for salaried employees.
* Participate in the investigation and resolution of employee issues.
* Administer personnel policies and procedures in compliance with corporate policy and state/federal law; ensure completion of the site's annual Affirmative Action Plan and fulfillment of other HR-related legal requirements.
* Assist employees in annual benefits enrollment process and as well as ongoing benefit issues; administer Short and Long Term Disability, COBRA and FMLA programs in accordance with corporate policy and state/federal law.
* Facilitate annual Employee Performance Reviews as well as Gainsharing, MIP and SIP programs.
* Perform necessary safety training, records management and reports; maintain MSDS database for site.
* Develop and implement programs associated with Department of Transportation requirements. The candidate shall be familiar with highway transportation and security plan requirements.
* Address overall compliance-related requirements of HSE&S programs, including:
* Provide interpretation of applicable health and safety standards;
* Conduct training requirements;
* Conduct inspections and audits;
* Address regulatory reporting requirements; and
* Maintain recordkeeping requirements
* Schedule and coordinate site functions including: meetings, luncheons, employee physicals, special events, travel, etc.
* Maintain effective employee communication regarding pertinent issues and events through flyers, memos, notices, and communication boards.
* Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
* High School diploma, required. A bachelor's degree, preferred. HR certification (PHR, SPHR, GPHR), preferred.
* At least three years Human Resources experience, required. Previous HR related experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in the Chemical Industry.
* Must possess knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods and coordination of people and resources. Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and good manufacturing practices as well as general knowledge of company products, also preferred.
* Must have advanced communication skills - written and verbal - as well as strong interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills.
* Must be able to work in a team environment.
* Must be highly proficient in using the PC and multiple software packages; i.e., Microsoft Office.
* Must be able to analyze data and provide recommendations.
* Must be able to multi-task and resolve problems/issues.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality.