Human Resources Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Carl Zeiss Vision Inc.
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCarl Zeiss Vision is a worldwide leader in developing eyeglass lens designs, coatings and materials. Through intensive research and development, Carl Zeiss Vision continually creates innovative new products that bring better vision to people in all aspects of their lives - all around the globe.
To strengthen our Human Resources department, we are seeking a Human Resources Representative/Recruiter to support Talent Acquisition and Movement across multiple business functions at Carl Zeiss Vision Inc., while owning full-life cycle recruitment.
This individual will effectively execute the sourcing strategy across various mediums, including but not limited to social media, job boards, networking and targeted recruitment events. This person will create a candidate pipeline for critical roles, attract and hire top notch talent across the organization and ensure an exceptional candidate experience while promoting the ZEISS brand to generate commitment. This role will also be responsible for HR related assignments/projects. The successful candidate in this role is an action oriented, ambitious, self-starter that drives for results and has the ability to represent the ZEISS brand and HR department in a professional manner.
HUMAN RESOURCES REPRESENTATIVE
* Administers full-cycle recruitment activities including working with hiring managers, posting job advertisements, responding to hiring needs, selecting most effective media to advertise, posting opportunities, sourcing and reviewing resume submissions, scheduling interviews, administering applicant testing and conducting background and reference checks. Implements and executes on CZV defined Talent Acquisition strategy, evaluates recruitment sources for effectiveness and cost, and assists with workforce planning including proper staffing requirements currently and future activity.
* Negotiates and/or supports hiring manager in developing new hire compensation package/offers.
* Coordinates the placement of ads utilizing online job boards, internal job postings and school postings. Works with external recruiters as necessary.
* Corresponds with recruiting firms and temporary staffing agencies and oversee strategic third party agency relationships.
* Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal clients at all levels in order to influence and coach on appropriate recruiting and hiring decisions.
* Creates and executes on social media and relationship building strategies to secure pre-employment interest and loyalty to Carl Zeiss. Monitors, updates and engages in all Employment-related Social Media channels. (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
* Works in partnership with HR colleagues to conduct new hire orientation/onboarding.
* Manages the Immigration/Visa process, including renewals for new and current employees.
* Leads Recruitment meetings to discuss updates, progress, process improvement ideas, or any other issues related to staffing with HR Business Partner team.
* Creates and processes ADP entries and internal Personnel Action Notice (PANs)
* Creates, changes and implements employment processes based on new regulations or as needed. Develops and/or update HRSOPs.
* Coordinates HR related forms and documentation (e.g., LOAs, W/C claims, employment verification, filing, COBRA, benefit enrollment, etc.)
* Works with functional leaders to ensure that internal customer requests/needs for HR services are being met in a timely and effective manner.
* Analyzes, interprets, develops and implements HR policies, programs and procedures.
* Handles all immigration, relocation, and tuition reimbursement process for all North American Employees.
* BS/BA degree in relevant field strongly preferred.
* Minimum 3-5 years of related HR experience required.
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (especially Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio) required.
* Must have strong negotiation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have experience handling multiple projects simultaneously, and working in an environment which requires flexibility, innovation and superb customer service.
* Ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization required.
* Must represent the Zeiss brand and HR department in a professional manner.
* Professional discretion and confidentiality is absolutely essential.
* Ability to understand and apply federal, state and local changes and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to human resources.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively persevere in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
With just under 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for over 165 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you need accommodations to complete the application process, please email Christine.Connaghan@zeiss.com to request assistance.