Human Resources & Safety Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Dairy Farmers of America
Garden City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Develops, implements and maintains Human Resource and Safety policies and programs for the Garden City, Kansas, manufacturing plant. Work with factory leadership to develop and cultivate a \\"Right The First Time\\" expectation for working safely and for execution of process. Work with facility leadership to develop a professional development and learning organization. Major areas of responsibility include recruiting/staffing, regulatory compliance, employee relations, performance management, people development, compensation and benefits. In conjunction with Leadership, responsible for fostering and overseeing safety programs, practices, and expectations that promote compliance with laws and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. This person needs to foster teamwork consistent with our Vision, Mission and Core Values as well as maintain a positive work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develops, implements and coordinates policies and procedures for all Human Resources functions such as recruiting, wage/salary administration and health and safety programs.
* Works with Corporate safety and facility leadership to promote and manage a culture of safety.
* Works with Corporate safety and facility leadership to manage and drive a safe work environment.
* Directs employee performance management program. Promotes the opportunity for a formal discussion by employees and their supervisors to review overall work performance, objectives, and career development;
* Recruits qualified candidates following current EEO and ADA hiring guidelines for exempt and non-exempt positions utilizing available resources to maintain an effective work force;
* Conduct new hire initial training including OSHA required programs.
* Maintain all personnel, payroll and related files to meet all state, federal, and company regulations.
* Follows all DFA GMP's and works in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements.
* Coordinate and interpret all company policies to assure consistent application and equitable employee relations;
* Serves as the point of contact for the administration of company benefit programs;
* Partners with management team members and corporate Human Resources department on issues involving employee relations such as; terminations, suspensions, EEOC claims and rule interpretations;
* Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations for all relevant statutes and prepares information requested or required for compliance. Coordinates and supports audits/reviews by corporate Human Resources or government agencies;
* People development -- specifically in the areas of technical and operations competencies, teamwork, and learning to learn.
* Ensure compliance with record keeping, maintains checks and balances time cards for accurate calculation of employees pay. Approves preparation personnel forms, records statistics and supervises the handling highly confidential material in the human resources department. Ensures Corporate has the necessary paper work for processing payroll to stay in compliance with Federal, State and Local laws.
* Partners with corporate HR team to process and manage all records associated with personnel changes, leaves of absence, and FMLA. Initiates and tracks FMLA leave in accordance with federal and state laws.
* Facilitates a positive working relationship between management and the labor force.
* Assists and advises management on Human Resources issues.
* Diligently manage any worker's compensation cases.
* Must adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
* The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required