Human Resources Specialist
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Human Resources Specialist assists the delivery of Human Resources services at an operational site. Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, this position is responsible for the deployment of appropriate human resources strategies, policies, and practices to site employees according to corporate ethics and federal and state employment laws. This position requires excellent communication skills in successfully dealing with various personality types with professionalism and confidentiality in all situations.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Supports Human Resources Manager in delivering strategic, functional, and operational support to the site by:
* Consulting leadership with the interpretation and correct application of Company HR policies, procedures, and programs
* Ensuring employee attendance, performance, conduct, disciplinary, and grievance issues are managed effectively and assist in the investigation and response to ethics and business conduct issues
* Performing as site leave administrator (FMLA, OFLA, personal, military, etc.) under the direction of the Human Resources Manager
* Assisting the Environmental Health & Safety department in the management and resolution of Workers' Compensation claims
* Overseeing all aspects of the company's performance management system
* Coordinating the organization, arrangement, and deployment of training and development activities in a timely manner
* Coordinating all aspects of employee benefits and benefit enrollment programs
* Managing employee termination process including investigative and/or company documentation is completed with final paychecks by state law and exit interviews are completed for voluntary leavers
* Developing, deploying, and upholding HR policies and procedures and corporate ethics and business conduct standards
* Ensuring legal compliance including: developing and maintaining the site's Affirmative Action program; compiling and submitting annual EEO-1 and VETS-100A filings; the maintenance of other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations
* Maintains human resources systems (HRIS, benefits, payroll) and ensures confidentiality and protection of employee data
* Supports identified recruitment and selection process for regular and temporary non-exempt and exempt personnel.
* Maintains documentation relating to personnel lifecycle activities, such as: staffing, recruitment, training, employee relations, performance evaluations, HRIS, etc.
* Serves as site's wellness plan specialist and leads efforts to foster employee participation
* Other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager
Education: A high school diploma or GED is acceptable with significant experience; an Associate's degree in human resources, business, or a related field is desired; a Bachelor's degree is preferred. A combination of relevant education and experience can be considered in-lieu of exact educational and/or experience requirements.
Experience: Proven two (2) to five (5) years of progressive experience in human resources, payroll, administrative, and/or clerical fields is desired. Experience within the manufacturing industry is desired
Certifications: Professional certifications in Human Resources, Payroll, or related fields are desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Demonstrates and maintains a professional demeanor in all situations, including the ability to deal with irate employees and/or demanding circumstances in an effective manner
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work successfully in individual and cross-functional teams as well as communicate effectively and respectfully with all internal and external customers and employees
* Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills, including but not limited to: creating policies and procedures, job descriptions, letters and memorandums (including email), preparing and delivering presentations, and general public speaking
* Knowledge of or ability to learn federal and state employment laws, especially regarding Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), medical and family leave, disability, workers' compensation, wage and hour, payroll, recordkeeping, and confidentiality
* Strategic, functional, and operational knowledge of Human Resources best practices and ability to assure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources
* Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; knowledge of and ability to perform in payroll (ADP), HRIS (SuccessFactors), benefits, and other online systems or applications
* Ability to prioritize competing commitments in line with Human Resources and/or company objectives with minimal supervision
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret job-related data in order for required reporting and/or to make recommendations or proposals regarding HR related issues or situations