Human Resources - 2017 Summer Internship 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Appliances business unit of TE Connectivity is currently recruiting for a Human Resources (HR) summer intern interested in learning more about the role of HR in a manufacturing environment. The position will be located at our Jonestown, PA manufacturing facility and will report directly to the Sr. Human Resources Manager within the facility.
The TE Human Resources Internship Program is designed to provide participants with an in-depth experience in HR through broad exposure to HR as well as experiences with project and process responsibilities. The HR Intern will support and drive key HR initiatives at the facility, such as recruiting, strategic workforce planning, performance management, policy development, and more.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Collaborate with other HR business leaders to assist in the implementation and ongoing execution of performance management goals
* Assist with Talent Management by identifying, working on development and succession planning
* Prepare and recommend policies and procedures to ensure best practices applicable to workplace standards, employment laws, workers compensation, FMLA, FLSA, ADA and EEO
* A current junior or senior attending an accredited institution pursuing a Bachelor s Degree or Master s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent
* Minimum GPA of 3.0 in Major Field of Study
* Eligible candidates must be available from May 2017 through August 2017
* Demonstration of our Core Values in every day work environment: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork & Innovation
* Ability to successfully communicate across all levels and functions within the organization and facility
* Ability to work independently of others as well as in a team setting
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
* Willing to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
TE Connectivity s summer internship program consists of a 12 14 week program including various interactions with senior management and other interns cross-functionally. TE Connectivity offers an opportunity to contribute and lead various projects in a global, fast-paced environment.