Human Rights Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SOUTHCOM is responsible for providing contingency planning, operations, and security cooperation in its assigned Area of Responsibility which includes Central America, South America and the Caribbean (except US commonwealths, territories and possessions).The command is also responsible for the force protection of U.S. military resources at these locations and for ensuring the defense of the Panama Canal.
We are seeking a Human Rights Support I to support the efforts of SOUTHCOMM
• Compile relevant open source and classified information on human rights and security issues in the AOR; keeping Chief, Deputy Chief, informed of key human rights developments as they are related to military and security forces in the region
• Write information papers, executive summaries, AARs, and other products in support of HRO mission
• Duties, to include, but not limited to, ordering and maintaining office supplies, keeping track of taskers, assisting with travel arrangements, setting up meetings, DV visits, etc
• Support HR engagements, such as the twice-annual Commander's Human Rights Roundtable -- assisting in coordinating logistics, travel arrangements, conducting research in support of CDR preparatory materials, etc. Support other HRO engagements as needed, both CONUS and OCONUS
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Must be fluent (reading, writing, and speaking) in Spanish
• Prior experience working in a DoD environment desired
• Ability to obtain clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10495 online at www.cherokee-cnts.com
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions (CNTS) provides technical support services and project support personnel to its defense and civilian agency clients. CNTS specializes in locating hard to find candidates for rapid response requests throughout the country. It provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including information technology, science, engineering, construction, research & development, facilities management, program management, and mission support. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNTS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf