Hydraulics / Controls Engineer 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ARE YOU A HYDRAULICS ENGINEER WHO HAS SOME CONTROLS EXPOSURE ARE YOU A HYDRAULICS ENGINEER WITH SOME CONTROLS EXPOSURE WHO WANTS TO BE PART OF A GROWING MANUFACTURING COMPANY WITH AN EXCITING NEW PRODUCT LINE
Our client is a global manufacturing company that develops and supplies both aftermarket fluid drive solutions and Tier 1 components to OEMs and commercial markets worldwide. Our client's culture is based on lean manufacturing and initiatives of personal continuous improvement. This is an exciting time for our client who is expanding its engineering team due to the development of a new product line for a totally different market.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will play a key role in the development and manufacturing of this new product line. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to be mentored by the inventor of this new product, and you will also have the opportunity to be on the ground floor of all future hydraulic products that require controls.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Hydraulics/Controls Engineer leads the effort to develop, program, test, and implement control systems. This role writes control algorithms, develops electronic, electrical, and hydraulic control systems designs, programs and reviews electronic/electrical system control prototypes and performs audits to be certain our client's systems will integrate with our client's customers' systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES design wiring harness, control panel, sensor mounting positions and wire routing. Specifies assist technical publications, marketing and sales with information requirements for product release. Trains engineering technicians in the assembly and testing of prototype design.
* Design and consult on electronic, hydraulic and electrical control systems. Assist in building and programming prototypes that utilize control systems. Assist with control systems design changes on existing machines and provide documentation required to implement changes. Support service department including service trips.
* Keep abreast of latest mobile controller technology and coordinate projects with design groups.
* Perform hydraulic, electrical and electronic component selection, failure analysis, and supplier quality control audits including communicating with procurement on vendor pricing, availability and applications.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering. An BSMET or a BSECT strongly preferred.
* Minimum of 3-5 years experience working with Hydraulic systems with some experience/exposure to controls.
* Solid PC skills
* Strong skills in analytical or scientific software;
* Experience with AutoCAD and 3-D software, preferably Solid Works
* Experience developing and programming software efficiently and creatively preferred
* Program object or component oriented development software experience
* Experience with Mobile Controls such as Plus+1 micro controllers a plus
* Interaction between control electronics, power electric, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Access
* Ability to create electronic, electrical and hydraulic drawings and build electrical harnesses.
* Ability to complete machine control system testing and computer-based electro-hydraulic control system design.
* Effective organization and project management skills.
* Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with customers and co-workers. Maintain positive interpersonal relationships to encourage openness.
* Ability to create accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.