This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hydraulics Engineer
Position ID: req5122
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: R&D
Location: Plant, Kinston, 4850 W. Vernon Avenue, Kinston, NC 28504-7512 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 10/21/2016
Provide hydraulics/performance technical engineering support to new product design launch, major redesigns, cost reduction projects, and quality improvement projects to maintain Company s leadership in the appliance industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead and participate in major product design teams as they pertain to the hydraulics/performance aspect of the appliance. Manage technical design aspects of a project from inception through production launch. Drive product and feature development based on consumer insight results, market trends, and strategic business plan
* Develop project investment requests (IR s) and cost budgets, develop and maintain milestone schedules and execute projects and/or new product within published time line.
* Design, develop, and implement robust designs with proper verification and validation (DVR s, test procedures, etc.) for seamless product introduction within the agreed upon timeline. Develop and track test plan to ensure reliability and safety objectives are met. Initiate relevant project and change documentation (ECR s/ECN s, IR s, Deviations, etc).
* Create and maintain CAD part models, assemblies and drawings using CATIA V5 and TeamCenter; prepare component three-dimensional (3D) layouts, design concepts and design drawings. Utilize Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to suggest and validate improvements to enhance design of components and/or hydraulics systems.
* Use Six Sigma methodology and advanced statistical tools for problem solving and project work to create new, innovative, and efficient designs that improve product performance and quality.
* Lead and participate in FMEA team to identify failure modes of product and related processes.
* Ensure company s competitive market advantage by developing and deploying innovative, technical solutions and drive the attainment of own and team patents from initial concept to patent certification and implementation.
* Initiate and implement product quality improvements while ensuring safety, quality, and cost. Analyze and interpret Service Call Rate (SCR) data to develop and initiate component/system improvements to improve overall performance of product in a safe and cost effective manner.
* Develop business justification for technical solutions.
* Coordinate with suppliers on projects and product development.
* Support manufacturing processes by providing technical leadership and support to resolve assembly problems and concerns.
* Work with Model Shop and lab technicians in the various labs to develop working prototypes to test new concepts/ideas. Willingness and ability to provide hands on experience and knowledge in the development of working prototypes.
* Develop concept reviews of new concepts with applicable cost, performance data, etc to be able to present to engineering and management teams to allow decisions to be made based upon accurate, reliable data.
* Consult with key stakeholders (vendors, manufacturing, quality assurance, service, and purchasing) to assure designs meet cost and quality targets and minimize production related issues.
* Conduct returned component evaluation and root cause analysis leading to development of design solutions to reduce product field failures.
* Work with Safety and Compliance Engineer to ensure dishwashers meet all applicable regulations.
* Develop wash cycles to satisfy Dept. of Energy requirements for maximum water and energy usage and to meet E-star levels where applicable.
* Maintain Energy Guide drawings and labels to ensure compliance with federal regulations.
* Perform energy calculations needed for 10 CFR Part 430 submittal of declared energy to the US Department of Energy.
* Develop sound packages to meet sound test requirements.
* Coordinate sound testing and analyze results.
* Coordinate external declaration testing for Electrolux produced dishwashers that are sold in the US.
* Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required.
* Minimum of 5 years related hydraulics design experience.
* Dishwasher or appliance experience is highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; excellent analytical and problem solving skills; and experience with Microsoft Office products.
* Strong background in fluid dynamics/flow with the ability to gain a comprehensive understanding of how the overall appliance hydraulics system operates and how changes will affect the system performance.
* Fundamental knowledge in Mechanical Design, Hydraulics and Fluid mechanics.
* Troubleshooting issues and root cause investigation of mechanical components that relate to and interact with hydraulics and performance components.
* Ability to work on a global team designing components/systems that will be common across different market segments.
* Proficient with tools associated with new project development and project management, design concept generation, decision making, design reviews, prototype building and evaluation, DFMEA, tolerance analysis, design of experiments, process capability, design verification, milestone schedule management, and line trial activities.
* Strong understanding of engineering principles, developing hydraulic and mechanical models, interpreting test data, and model simulation and validation to design, develop and implement new designs for appliances.
* Experience using CATIA V5 & TeamCenter, parametic design & PLM software for creating and managing solid models, assemblies and drawings.
* Experience in using CFD & FEA simulation for identifying and improving weak areas in design.
* Experience in Design & Development of Dishwasher systems, consumer goods, and overall appliance industry.
* Experience with plastic injection molding, sheet metal forming, and seal design.
* Must display the ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form with all levels of the organization and is able to navigate a complex matrix environment, must have a strong drive for results.
* Must be willing and able to set high standards for self and team, hold self and people accountable for goal attainment and coordinate all actions and design details to deliver on team and project commitments.
* Knowledge of and experience working on energy efficiency and performance improvement projects.
* Innovative spirit with willingness to go beyond industry standard to scope and develop game-changing designs and processes that result in positive brand image.
* Ability to interpret business objectives to ensure targets are delivered through technical design and implementation of new product development.
* Must be a creative and resourceful problem solver. Must demonstrate commitment and capacity to lead new product development from inception through launch and remediation.
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small