This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Mineral Wells, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The responsibilities described here are representative of those tasks an employee performs to successfully complete the essential functions of this job; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all tasks that may be assigned or required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
* Set up and operate specified tools and equipment, with assistance from Supervisor, Lead, or support personnel.
* Read production orders to verify quality standards for specifications, processes and procedures.
* Monitor testing equipment operation and accuracy.
* Verify that vessels, procedures and processes conform to applicable work instructions.
* Follow special handling, documentation and traceability procedures for materials with Lot Tracking designations.
* Verify finished product meets specifications.
* Complete necessary documentation for testing requirements and results.
* Use overhead crane, hoist or forklift, as necessary, to deliver product to area of next operation.
* Assist in diagnosing vessel, equipment or tool problems and resolve, as necessary.
* Perform preventive maintenance and calibration processes on specified tools and equipment.
* Follow directions and perform tasks as assigned by Lead and Supervisors.
* Ensure that work, staging and storage areas are safe and clean.
* Follow the 5S system.
The tools used include, but may not be limited to:
* Overhead crane.
* Oxy. fuel cutting torch.
* Torque wrench.
* Pneumatic hand tools.
* Basic hand tools.
The requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is an entry-level position and job-specific training, as required, will be provided. The minimum qualifications required include, but may not be limited to, the following:
* Six months to one year experience in heavy fabrication/manufacturing, specifically hydro-testing, preferred.
* Basic knowledge of reading blueprints, preferred.
* Basic knowledge of pneumatic hand tools and equipment, preferred.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to read a standard tape measure.
* Forklift operation, ability to pass an in-house certification and clean driving record, a plus.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma and/or GED.
* Related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* We are an EEO employer for Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons & Protected Veterans.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.