Hydrogen Plant Site Supervisor - Calvert City, KY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Calvert City, KY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Plant Site Supervisor in Calvert City, KY.
Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
The Hydrogen Plant Site Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Plant Manager in the safety management, staff recruiting, development and retention, facility maintenance, and the overall efficient, effective cost management of the cryogenic hydrogen plant operation while complying with all regulatory agencies and requirements including, but not limited to Occupational Safety and Health Administration - OSHA, Environmental Protection Agency - EPA, Department of Transportation - DOT, Department of Homeland Security - DHS and Airgas policies and procedures at the Calvert City, KY facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Safety and Regulatory Compliance
* Promotes and develops safe work behaviors through the use of existing policies and procedures and an emphasis on safety behavior management techniques. Where gaps are identified within existing policies and procedures, this role will use any required resources to author procedures and policies to ensure personnel and site safety. Provides direct coaching to improve associates safety behaviors resulting in an improved safety culture
* Assists in the safety incident investigations including near misses using root cause analysis leading to recommended corrective actions to eliminate recurrences
* Helps develop training tools and conducts training to support AMG's safety, regulatory, continuous improvement and operational efficiency initiatives
* Helps ensure that all applicable regulatory (OSHA, EPA, DOT, DHS) requirements are met and applicable training and recordkeeping is performed to meet departmental and location requirements
Personnel / Personnel Development
* Provides supervision of direct reports, in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws
* Communicates issues with sufficient operations staffing levels; works with the Facility Manager and Human Resources Department to develop recruitment, staff development and retention strategies
Business / Facility Management & Support
* Supports proper operation and maintenance of plant, controls expenses thru proper scheduling and execution of preventative maintenance and planned outages
* Regularly reviews operational expenses with the ability to explain variances and recommend appropriate actions; assists in the preparation and executes budget optimization (capex and opex)
* Adheres to a sustainable process for maintenance of operational files and records; completes all required paperwork accurately, timely and in compliance with various company policies and procedures, to ensure full regulatory compliance
* Promotes the continuous improvement of all applicable safety, environmental, quality and compliance programs
Quality / Technical Support
* Aids in the management of the maintenance program which includes spare parts, preventive, predictive and proactive maintenance
* Schedules the timely maintenance of instrumentation, electrical, and mechanical systems such as compressors, pumps, turbines, valves, motors, analyzers, and high and medium voltage switch gear.
* Works with AMG process engineering to monitor the process efficiency as needed including evaluation of current process conditions and implementation of plant loading plans; evaluation and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Safety and Compliance - A fundamental understanding of all applicable regulations, laws, certifications and standards with a focus on how to achieve success in each discipline for a manufacturing environment
* Leadership - Candidate must have foundation to learn the leadership skills to effectively engage and manage a production staff
* Hydrogen Manufacturing - Demonstrates an understanding of the Hydrogen manufacturing process, regulatory compliance (e.g. Process Safety Management - PSM, Risk Management Program - RMP), safety required and associated technologies
* Instrumentation and Electrical - Demonstrates an understanding of electrical principals in practical situations involving the operation and repair of complex electrical devices
* Mechanical aptitude - Demonstrates basic skills in mechanical systems maintenance
* Maintenance Programs - Familiar with modern maintenance programs, asset management systems and principals
* 24 hour on-call responsibility
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Process Engineer, or Chemical Engineer) is preferred or a combination of equivalent education or experience
* Previous Hydrogen experience in safety, manufacturing or maintenance is preferred.
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
* Occasionally (1-33% of work time)
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write routine technical procedures and policies in English.
* Ability to author business reports and business correspondence in English.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability