Hyperscale Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Lenovo's Data Center Group is currently seeking a dynamic experienced Development Engineer with deep knowledge of software architecture, software development, trouble shooting and debug of hardware to be a part of Lenovo's Hyperscale Development Team. In this critical position you will be part of Lenovo's Hyperscale team responsible to assist the Lenovo Hardware and Software Solutions architects in rolling out complex integrated Telco Solution stacks on Hyperscale Server Hardware.
* The selected candidate will work intimately with the development engineering team to help develop and debug Hyperscale Telco Solutions.
* Assist Development Managers and Architects on the Hyperscale Telco Team to provide complex integrated hardware software solutions. This will include working directly with the Software and Hardware vendors to debug and interoperability issues.
* Participate and monitor OPNFV Community projects
* Validate NFVI on Lenovo HW
* Limited validation of OPNFV components on OCP Hardware.
* Provide Linux, vSwitch and DPDK expertise
* Work with Hardware and Software vendors to debug and validate complex integrated hardware/software stacks
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
* BSCE or BSCS degree is highly preferred.
* At least 5 years working in hardware and software development
* Expert knowledge and proficiency of Windows and Linux OS(s) - RHEL, SUSE, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, Debian.
* Proficiency at debugging Linux code
* Thorough knowledge of Open Software and the scope of OPNFV.
* Complete understanding of Networking Operating Systems
* Must understand Virtualization, PXE, Software RAID, Intel/AMD/ARM architecture
* Expertise in CEPH
* Expert in BIOS, BMC, and Server Hardware Debug
* SPEC Power Benchmark Testing and Performance Testing experience a plus
* Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation.
* Ability to work effectively cross-culturally across teams in the US and Asia.
* Has communicated and worked with customers to solve critical issues in the past.
The selected candidate will leverage a formidable technical competency, creativity, and a drive for results attitude to construct innovative value for our customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.