Hyperscale Development Engineer (Seattle)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Lenovo's HyperScale business unit is a fast-paced customer-centric organization that will adapt to changing market demands to serve customer needs. We are looking for a Development Manager who has technical skills of a System Design Lead Engineer that can also engage with sophisticated customers creating value through technical exchange that win their trust and leverage this to guide our internal teams.
* Lead external technical engagement on behalf of Lenovo that results in winning customer trust
* Focal point for assigned external customer technical engagements, execution commitments & product delivery
* Steer customer requirements to maximize value creation via available products, technology & building blocks
* Understand and synthesize customer requirements in to the most efficient product requirements
* Authoring of customer requirement mapping, product specifications, SOWs, E2E execution direction & planning
* Focal point for internal technical engagements and interlock with cross functional design teams
* Focal point for execution strategies including leverage, reuse, design
* Focal point for assigned hyperscale industry architectures and trends relevant to customers
* Focal point for assigned hyperscale partners & vendor management and leverage
* Provide direction to product delivery teams in Asia, write technical specifications * Gather customer feedback to direct future efforts.
* Stay current on industry trends and activities encompassing OCP, OSC and Intel RSA technologies.
* Participate and influence industry bodies. Align Lenovo technology roadmap with industry trends.
* Lead debug and support efforts spanning cross functional teams across multiple geos
* Lead customer-driven proof of concepts of new products, solutions and technologies
* Significant domestic & international travel expected as part as of program engagement, development, and support
This person may reside in Raleigh, NC or Bay Area, CA.
The ideal candidate will posses the following experience
* BS or MS degree in related technical field and 7+ years of work experience. MS degree preferred.
* Systems Design experience required with knowledge of Storage Storage H/W, Mid/Backplane, RAID preferred
* Deep knowledge in Electrical Design, ie. Schematics, Layout, Electrical Analysis, Signal Integrity, Expanders preferred
* Deep knowledge in the areas of power electrical design including VRD, Power Optimization & Delivery preferred
* Design knowledge in server sub systems including HBAs, IO Accelerators, HW RAID, HDDs, PSUs, and PCIe preferred
* Strong ownership and end to end execution with focus on cost optimization
* Knowledge of the hyperscale market and the competition in that space
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
At $46B in global sales, in over 160 countries, Lenovo is a collection of highly skilled and talented people doing what we do best: producing the very best in world-class products. From personal computers and tablets, to cell phones, applications and servers. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we DO. We're looking to add fresh, talented individuals who are self-motivated and desire boundless opportunities, to join us. Come share in the discoveries that are forged from our shared achievements at Lenovo as we drive the next generation in technology.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.