IBM Cobol Developer (Medicaid, JCL, CA-IDMS, CA-ADS, zOS) 8/10/2016
State of NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB ID: HBITS 04-03602
TITLE: DEVELOPER / IBM COBOL (HBITS 3602)
DURATION: 24 MONTHS
LOCATION: ALBANY NY
PROJECT SCOPE- DUTIES OF POSITION
VISTA - Track 2 Billing
Comprehensive Billing System (COBS)
Uniform Billing System (UBS)
And various Health Cluster projects as necessary
IDMS/ADS based billing applications which incorporate
multi-system data feeds to bill a variety of payers including Medicare, & Medicaid for services rendered.
DAILY TASKS WILL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
* Use IBM COBOL, JCL, CA-IDMS, CA-ADS to develop/maintain batch/online applications in an IBM z/OS environment. Perform analysis, design, coding, and testing
of changes based on State/Federal mandates or requests from the OMH State Operations Finance Group.
* Support Managed Care and Fee-For-Service billing of Medicare, Medicaid, & Third Party Health Insurance (TPHI), as well as for individuals (private parties). Monitor
batch production jobs, analyze results, and address any aborts/system failures as needed.* Support track 2 integration of billing with the new VISTA Electronic Medical Record (EMR) that OMH is implementing.
* Maintain/support multiple batch based data feeds/exchanges between Oracle and IDMS environments.
* Work with members of the Billing unit, DBA unit, and the office for Information Technology Services to migrate batch and online application changes to the QA and
Production platforms following standard migration procedures.* Work with business owners, users, and technical support staff to identify changes that are needed and the solution for implementing them.
* Respond to HP Service Center Help Desk calls assigned to Billing group.
PART A: THE ONE MANDATORY REQUIREMENT:
YOU MUST BE AN EXPERT DEVELOPER / IBM COBOL WITH DOCUMENTED EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE OF 7+ YEARS (84+ MONTHS).
You must have experience with analysis, design, coding, component and assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team- Maintenance (including production support), enhancement and development work- Write application software, data analysis, data access, data structures, data manipulation, databases, design, programming, testing and implementation, technical and user documentation, software conversions.
You must be able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
PART B: REQUESTED DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: THE NUMBERED QUALIFICATIONS BELOW ARE NOT MANDATORY, BUT CANDIDATES SHOULD MEET OR EXCEED IN DURATION AND SKILL SET TARGET ASKED FOR, AT LEAST 4 OF NUMBERS 1 THROUGH 7.
1. 84months Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining mainframe batch programs using IBM COBOL & CA-IDMS DML.
2. 84months Demonstrated experience with developing/ maintaining a billing system(s) that bills Medicare, Medicaid, & commercial insurance for services rendered.
3. 84months Demonstrated experience using IBM JCL utilizing utilities such as IDCAMS, IEBGENER, IEFBR14, SORT, etc.
4. 84months Demonstrated experience developing and/or maintaining CA-IDMS applications in an IBM z/OS environment using tools such as MAPC, ADSC, DMLO, & IDD.
5. 60months Demonstrated experience working with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Health Insurance transactions. This includes but is not limited to the 837& 835 transactions.
6. 60months Demonstrated experience with ORACLE including writing complex queries, creating packages, stored procedures, functions, & tables.
7. 60months Experience working with PHI and HIPPA in a complex health related organization.