IBM DB2 Database Administrator
* Support Distribution Standard System (DSS) web applications and ad-hoc SQL queries against the tables on the server database.
* Configure and design the DB2 database and maintain the DSS transactional data.
* Download DB2 components and tables for installation
* Resynchronize DB2 tables
* Support Logical Partition (LPAR) migrations
* Download DB2 table data into the database environments
* Perform process fail over and diagnosis in a clustered environment
* Support DB2 database tables for Multi Path Chanel (MPC) processes.
* Monitor DB2 replication subscription process via DB2 Replication Dash Board
* Investigate data count discrepancy
* Diagnose and troubleshoot service account id and process failures
* Diagnose the MPC website
* Monitor IBM WebSphere MQ environments for queue depth.
* Support replication between platforms and servers using InfoSphere Federation Server and InfoSphere Replication suite.
* Utilize DB2 Q-Capture tools.
* Monitor table changes are replicated via IBM WebSphere MQ to InfoSphere software on the DB2 servers.
* Optimize continuous and instantaneous data replication for peak performance from multiple mainframe host Logical Partitions (LPARs).
* Responsible for closing all Remedy ITSM tickets assigned by the Project Manager/Technical Lead DBA.
* Keeps database versions up to developed standards and to correct any known security vulnerabilities. This includes completion of all DLA CERT taskings by the due date.
EXPERIENCE knowledge of integrated databases and dimensional models, including aggregation, partitioning, and indexing strategies.
* Familiarity with multi-tier architecture (desktop, application servers, and data servers).
* Ability to back up (hot and cold) and recover databases; proficiency with Data Propagator and Data integrator operation on a server platform.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
* Minimum IBM Windows DB2 DBA Professional certification (continued certification training required).
* Security+ CE (or higher) certification demonstrating working knowledge and understanding of applying basic security principles to the computing environment.
* SECRET Security Clearance mandatory