IBX Network Technician IV
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IBX Network Technician IV
Installs, tests, modifies and terminates fiber/coax/Cat 5 within IBX; and installs servers, drives, switches, routers, ladder racks, cages and cabinets. Works with customer equipment, determines work priorities/manage order commitments; conducts advanced testing; installs custom ladder racking. Performs custom installations; performs advanced troubleshooting/advanced fiber terminations; designs/leads cage builds; troubleshoots security systems and customer equipment.
* Runs fiber and coax cross connects, and follows proper termination techniques per company established processes, procedures and policies.
* Installs ladder racks and fiber raceways.
* Builds/Installs cages.
* Escalates SRs that require additional information.
* Conducts carrier circuit testing.
* Performs intra-cage and infrastructure installations.
* Installs/Tests/Modifies Cross Connects and ensures proper dressing of the following: coax cross connects (repeater), fiber cross connects (Unicam termination), twisted pair copper cross connects, intra-building cross connects, 66 block/110 block terminations.
* Installs Cabinets (Crenlo, APW, and relay racks) and ensures proper grounding.
* Installs cable management/support systems to include vertical wire managers, horizontal wire managers, and patch panels.
* Racks and stacks customer equipment.
* Maintains detailed written records of all work activity.
* Determines work priorities from the Oracle queue and ensures adherence to all commit times.
* Installs and tests advanced cross connect circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.).
* Installs and test IBXLink cross connects (T1, DS3, OC3-48, Eth, GigE, 10Gig).
* Conducts carrier circuit maintenance.
* Installs intra-cage fiber tray, ladder rack, customer equipment and cabinets. Infrastructure installs to include the following: Whalebone cable management, Public Fiber tray systems, Carrier ladder rack, AC/DC power trays, Security trays, Cash Mesh.
* Troubleshoots switched / multiplexed / media converted circuits; escalates to, and works with Networking Group, as needed.
* Installs circuits requiring advanced fiber terminations.
* Designs and leads cage / infrastructure modification projects.
* Leads installation of security systems.
* Works with customers to troubleshoot issues.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of cable limitations to daily work (distance limitations, etc.).
* Understands Kaba-Mas lock operation.
* Able to read installation drawings (Visio drawings/spreadsheets).
* General knowledge of safe working practices (e.g., familiar with proper tool safety, eye protection, ladder safety, etc.).
* Basic understanding of Unix / Windows booting process and commands.
* Basic understanding of Cisco routing theory and commands.
* Troubleshoots switched / multiplexed / Media converted cross connects and intra-building cross connects.
* Experienced with troubleshooting all circuits with carriers.
* Advanced equipment knowledge (Digital Lightwave, Tberd, Fusion splicing).
* Experienced with advanced fiber terminations (Opti-jack, puck and polish, Fuselight2).
* Understands System Command Language (Unix, Cisco, Windows).
* Advanced installation and troubleshooting with the following: Cage modification, Biometric reader installation, Camera installation, Kaba-Mas lock troubleshooting and maintenance.
* Able to lift heavy equipment/items.
* Able to perform all essential job functions, including walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting and manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Able to work days/nights/weekends/holidays, if needed and/or required.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* 2 - 4 years of related work experience.
* One or more of the following certifications preferred: Fluke CCTT Copper, Fluke CCTT Fiber, JDSU BERT Testing, Digital Lightwave Testing. BICSI Level II Copper, BICSI Level II Fiber, FOA CFOT, Comp-TIA A, Comp TIA Network+.
* Proficient in MS Office. 8