IC Characterization/Product Engineer - ReqCode 1995
Biotronik - Portland, OR
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Micro Systems Engineering, Inc (MSEI) is a pioneer in developing innovative technologies and medical devices that save and enhance the quality of life for millions of individuals living with cardiovascular disorders. The company is dedicated to the design and construction of implantable medical devices for cardiac rhythm management. With more than 30 years of experience, our growing success is based on our company's core values - innovation, excellence and reliability, thus enabling us to inspire confidence and trust in doctors and patients all over the world. We are continually looking for talented engineers to share in our mission.
This individual will be responsible for all aspects of IC product engineering, which involves the many steps in taking custom low power, mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs) from design prototypes to production release, followed by sustaining product support. The various tasks include creating test environments for and performing bench characterization and verification of ICs, supporting IC production testing and IC qualification/reliability assurance activities, supporting in-system applications and system level verification, supporting production testing and manufacturing, analyzing test and yield data to reduce test time and improve yield, and also engaging in failure analysis of production returns. The individual in this position will directly interact and collaborate with IC design and test engineers, system level hardware and firmware engineers, and production engineers in teams located at development/manufacturing centers within the United States as well as in Germany. This individual will report to the Group Leader of IC design in Oregon and also will work with the Director of IC Design in Texas.
Key responsibilities and job functions include the following:
* Create manual and semi-automated test environments for bench testing, characterization and performance verification of custom low-power, mixed-signal ICs, including the development of test hardware (test boards, fixtures, etc.) and software (C programs, Lab View test programs, etc..).
* Develop test strategies and engage in designing test circuits/interfaces on silicon to enhance testability. Perform pre-tapeout design verification of analog and digital circuit blocks and entire ICs.
* Perform bench testing, characterization and formal verification of custom ICs, from prototype versions through production release. Compare measured performance with simulation results, investigate discrepancies and suggest solutions.
* Support prototype wafer-sort testing and also IC production testing in the areas of design centering, yield enhancement and test optimization.
* Support IC qualification and reliability efforts, including ESD/latch-up testing, life testing, production burn-in, etc.
* Support in-system application and system-level verification of designed and tested custom ICs.
* Perform in-depth failure analysis of prototype and production-return ICs as needed.
* Present and document results.
* At least a BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology with emphasis in analog, mixed-signal circuits, board-level circuits and systems, and integrated circuits.
* Experience with bench testing, characterization and debug of low-power analog/mixed-mixed signal circuits using state of the art test/measurement equipment and computer software (e.g. LabView, C, etc... ).
* Experience with system applications of analog/mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs).
* Strong technical communications skills including verbal and writing skills.
* Experience with debug and failure-analysis of ICs is desirable.
* Experience in the design and/or application and bench characterization of very low power, high-reliability ICs in portable and/or implantable medical devices is desirable.