IC Design Engineer-Neuromodulation - ReqCode 1996
Biotronik - Portland, OR
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Micro Systems Engineering, Inc (MSEI) is a pioneer in developing innovative technologies and medical devices that save and enhance the quality of life for millions of individuals living with cardiovascular disorders. The company is dedicated to the design and construction of implantable medical devices for cardiac rhythm management. With more than 30 years of experience, our growing success is based on our company's core values - innovation, excellence and reliability, thus enabling us to inspire confidence and trust in doctors and patients all over the world. We are continually looking for talented engineers to share in our mission.
This funcrtion in the IC Design Department within Biotronik involves making significant contributions to all aspects of IC design for low-power implantable medical applications, including the development of neuromodulation, pacemaker and defibrillator devices. The various tasks involve concept/specification development, design partitioning and block level design, detailed circuit design and simulation, layout floor-planning and transistor level layout, bench verification and testing, test vector development, and documentation. The individual in this position will directly interact and collaborate with system level engineers, hardware engineers, firmware engineers, and with IC design, test and layout engineers in teams located at design centers within the United States (US) as well as in Germany. Development tasks will involve using state-of-the-art CAD tools for the design, simulation, integration and verification of integrated circuits. In particular, the individual must be familiar with specific Cadence tools used by the US development team for mixed signal IC design. Additional familiarity with related Synopsys and Mentor tools would be a plus.
Key responsibilities and requisite skills may include the following:
* Design and development of high performance mixed-signal IC functional blocks for implantable medical products.
* Active involvement and leadership in all aspects of IC design, including concept/specification development, design partitioning and block level design, detailed circuit design and simulation, layout floor-planning and transistor level layout, bench verification and testing, test-vector development, and documentation.
* Design of very low-power, low-voltage analog IC functional blocks including but not limited to voltage/current references, operational amplifiers, comparators, switched-capacitor circuits (amplifiers, filters, charge pumps, etc.), ADCs and DACs, oscillators, switching power circuits, etc. General knowledge of the tradeoffs involved in using various analog and digital circuit design techniques to optimally implement system functions is highly desired.
* Design of energy-optimal mixed signal circuits for neuromodulation applications, including circuits for neural stimulation, neural signal amplification/filtering/signal processing, battery charging and power-management.
* Design of low-power, low-voltage digital logic functional blocks (combinatorial, sequential, synchronous, asynchronous, state machines, etc.)
* Collaborate and work effectively with other members of the IC design group and with teams in other design centers
. ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button