IC Therapy Consultant - Minneapolis Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION:
This Therapy Consultant position requires someone with a strong clinical aptitude that can work in a team environment. Strong sales skills are a definite need and the ability to be coached and directed will assist in making this job a success. Responsibilities unique to this position are having a good understanding of the catheterization lab and being able to build strong relationships with the physicians and the staff. The Interventional Cardiology team with Boston Scientific is looking for high energy, driven, passionate people, looking to not just change jobs, but start an amazing career!
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Interventional Cardiology (IC) we design, develop, and produce technologies for diagnosing and treating coronary artery disease and other cardiovascular disorders. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Cardiovascular Diseases, Coronary Artery Disease, Acute Myocardial Infarction. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Drug-Eluting Stents, Bare-Metal Stents, Catheters, Balloons, Guide Wires, Coronary Atherectomy and Coronary Intravascular Ultrasound. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Interventional treatments.
This Therapy Consultant will have the opportunity to sell and promote company products within a defined geographic territory in the Minneapolis market. This will be accomplished by developing new accounts and expanding usage of company products within current accounts in an effort to meet a sales quota based on company sales goals and to directly increase sales revenue of the company.
- Sells products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Develops and implements sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
- Develops action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with Regional Sales Manager to help the organization achieve its annual sales goals.
- Determines the needs (e.g., product and pricing), goals, product usage, and types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting with and asking in-depth questions of physicians and other hospital personnel to learn which BSC products can best address their specific needs.
- Observes actual procedures in the cardiac catheterization or electro-physiology lab and operating room of hospital accounts to gain insight into the specific nuances of each physician and each member of the lab staff.
- Establishes pricing packages by working with relevant BSC personnel to establish price points that address specific customer's needs while satisfying company guidelines and policies.
- Responds to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, pricing and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
- Develops relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Educates customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments, often with the help of incentive programs and services made available to the account being developed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (OR EQUIVALENT)
- 2-4 Years with BA; 0-2 Years with MBA
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in medical device sales
- A four year degree with a background in sales and a proven track record of success will help in making this position a successful team approach to selling in the catheterization lab and to our physicians.
- Strong clinical, analytical and selling skills are a must in this position.
- Person should have a proven ability to take on a large number of accounts and travel within a 4 state area.
- Problem solving and the ability to be coached and directed by other teammates will allow collaboration and success in selling IVUS, DES, balloons and the full bag of specialty products.
QUALITY SYSTEMS REQUIREMENTS:
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MN-Minneapolis||(n/a)||Field Sales||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Consultant, Consulting, Marketing Consultant, Contract, Quality, Marketing, Research